how not to get paranoid while high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Merryjuana Ita, Apr 14, 2013.

1. i have many good trips but sometimes i have a bad trip and i will start getting paranoid and really scared i will start think many bad things that could happen to me then i start think about things that scare like one time while high i was thinking that blood was running through all my veins and that scared the shit outta me how do i remove these bad thoughts or more importantly how do i win them and not be scared of em? also when i get scared my heartbeat increases how do i make it go back down

2. I've been doing some research in high cbd strains. Apparently they are really good for anxiety.

3. Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety indu... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment. (abst – 2012) Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid... [J Psychopharmacol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report. (abst - 2010) Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cann... [J Psychopharmacol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug. (full – 2012)
    Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria - Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug

4. Do you think strains high in cbd can actually be affective if used for anti anxiety?

5. Absolutely. High-CBD strains like Cannatonic are used to treat anxiety in MMJ patients.

OP, try reminding yourself that it's only the cannabinoids talking. Maybe write it down somewhere to reassure yourself if need be

6. You need to stop thinking about possibly having a bad trip before you smoke. If you have that mind set before a session, you will most likely have anxiety during the session. Smoking with friends helps. Doing things while you're high helps too. Anything to keep your mind concentrated on something other than your anxiety. Get your mind healthy.