How much would a growing setup cost?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Master Roller, May 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys, i'm considering growing some cannabis. I just want to know what you guys think it would cost to start up the operation. I am talking the whole setup. Lights, fans, seeds, ventilation, safety equipment, the whole enchilada.. 

2. It all depends on ur budget & how big u wanna go bro.

3. #3 Master Roller, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    Bro, i want an advanced setup. I want like 20 plants. My budget is 10k

4. 10k budget? Holy shit you could grow for 1/3 of the midwest with 10k equipment.

You only need like $1200 to grow 4 dank plants

5. Lol dude i want to grow a shit load, like 20 plants.

6. Idk why you need that much but i had about 30 growing in a warehouse at one point. The setup costed around 15k. You don't sound like someone who is serious and has the means to grow that many plants but when i am off of mobile i will link you to the specifics and all of the equipment that i purchased. I would have sold you all my stuff for cheap but i auctioned it off last year

7. #7 Master Roller, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    15k hmm.. its possible. I'm not going to lie, I have never grown before, but i have a friend who has. I just need to get an advanced setup built and he will teach me the actual growing part of it. I don't expect to grow dank the first couple grows, but yes i am serious about this.
    Edit: And thanks, i appreciate the info. I will wait for those specifics from you.

8. no need to jump into it head first. Dip your toes in and spend 1200 on a nice little setup. You could even try growing outdoors behind somewhere secluded for cheap

9. no one can teach you what experience can! people don't realize how time consuming starting a grow can be till its up & runnin. that money will be better spent as you go rather than all up front on what you think you might need. good luck on your adventures.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think i might just start off small, because i do believe i need more experience. But i wanted to know what it would cost for a very good setup for 20+ plants. The answer i got was around 15k, so thanks. But i will start off small. Thanks again guys.

The best advise I can give is look for deals. I'd suggest at least a 1000W MH/HPS, and probably 2 if you want to run that many plants. That will be around $500. Then Also suggest getting 2 new (assuming you got 2 lights) hoods that are bigger. Generally they come with smaller hoods that don't cover as much area and essentially waste light. Those run about $200 each. Then miscellaneous nutes, fans, timers, filters, etc. I'd say probably another $1000 or a little more, but realistically for around $2500 you can get a kick ass setup. I've spent probably around $1200 total and run about 12 plants with my 1000W and XXXL hood. Its working out great. 

12. sorry but I call bullshit. good luck with ur $15,000 grow. lmfao

13. if you try growing 20 plus plants your first time around you are going to get over whelmed and end up getting crappy yield plus fixing problems will be that much harder start small then work your way up

K?

Yeah i know. I stated that i will start off small. I eventually want to work my way up to 20+ plants.

15. o ok i missed that