how much will 7 plants give?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bbnk, Aug 17, 2010.

1. my friend is hooking me up with 7 seeds so im curious to know how much i will get from harvest.

2. It will yield none, or some, or a lot. Depends on a lot of factors, such as the following:
    Lights: CFL? MH? HPS?
    Temperature with light on/off...
    Growing style: Soil, Hydro, Aero, Coco, DWC, etc.
    How long you are going to let VEG?
    Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients, House and Garden, etc

There are so many factors...How much effort you are going to put into it is a key factor!

Figure 4oz per plant if you are good and that's if you Veg for 2 weeks and Flower for 8-10. Just a rough estimate.

3. Are you nuts? 4 oz per plant while only vegging for 2 weeks is impossible.

this guy is obviously a first time grower. So my opinion is that you will get about 1 oz per plant if you veg for 1 month indoors and then flower. If you grow for a full season outdoor you can squeeze out 4 oz per plant with a little bit of reading up on here.

4. Well I'm going to start growing either this week or next week and it's gona be outdoors so I just wanted to know how much I could get and I would see if it could last me the cold winters up in jersey.

5. You really need to read alot more and form a plan. Take it indoors or wait til next spring. Not all your seeds will be guaranteed females so to ask "how much will 7 plants give" is a super duper open ended question. Take it inside and use CFL's and start with one or two seeds at a time because you will make mistakes. Good luck

6. Ight well Ima see if I can give it a shot with like 3 plants or so and hopefully I have enough bud that will last me for mos of the winter and then get money for more seeds and hopefully I get more ezperienced so that I can start breeding and creating new strains.

7. Not to cause a flame war, but it is clearly possible. For example, a member on this forum had one plant yield I believe 9oz. However its not in this thread, but check this one out.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/324854-rumples-single-plant-grow.html

8. #8 deacon, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    rumpled is one of the most advanced grower on this forum...so the comparison is not valid...this guys not gonna grow 1 fifth as much...for 4 zips dried he would have to be pullin' a lb off that bitch:smoking:but on the upside..rez..hes a good one too learn from..you could do way worse...i got me a mentor..a couple..find a grower whos style you like and think knows his shit...and ask him...help me grow..let me bounce things i hear off you..some will say fuck off...some would be honored..a good idea for all new growers...who knows..i come back 2 years from now and hear..you should check out this guy rez's frikkin grow...awesome to answer the guys question...who knows...a deer eats one....somebody rips 2 off...2 are male...one gets sick....dont count your yeild till its cured

9. indeed! He is an amazing grower. I think we 3 plants you could easily get half a lb.

10. Really really do your homework. Plan everything out, and make sure you have EVERYTHING set up before you even germinate. Couldn't tell you how many of my grows have gone to shit because I ran out of time setting shit up.

11. Id say about a million dollars worth. Get ready to buy a mansion and some sweet cars.

12. By all means it would be possible, but so highly unlikely I would challenge anyone here to start from SEED like the OP is, and come even close to to what rumple got. 70 days from seed from anything other than an autoflower, or very fast flowering indica is going to get you a very small and most likely premature buds.

Starting from clone gives huge advantage. There is already a root system in place, and the clone is the same "maturity" as the mother plant, so could technically be flowered as soon as there are roots. Try a 12\12 from seed grow. Most take more than 70 days to have mature buds, and the yeild is rarely much over an OZ.

That would actually be a cool idea, have a bunch of growers all start a seed at the same time and have like a timed bud race. Everyone has to harvest at the same time, 70 days from first set of leaves, see who gets the best yeild, and for those who are close enough or daring enough to swap samples, it's an added bonus ;)