how much water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazntreez, Jul 16, 2003.

1. I live in the desert, for the past couple of weeks the temp. has been above 100 degrees every day. For the past couple of days its been around 107-111 degrees.Hot as f*@k.
    Anyways, I water my plants every morning, but by the time it gets dark the top soil is already dry.........should i water my plants 2 times a day(their in pots)?

2. Stick your finger an inch into the soil to see wether or not its wet..if wet dont water if dry water.:)

3. its always dry......the tips are also starting to turn brown.
    I think I'll just stick to once a day to be safe......should be sufficient.

4. I'm sure I've seen some fellow desert growers on these forums.

One thing I've seen recomended by them are those cystals that expand and hold moisture (the name escapes me right now).

Ask around.

5. yeah i got those in my soil.....thanx.

6. i saw these little ceramic worms that you stick in the soil (walmart i believe) that change color when the plants need watering just a thought good luck

7. The desert is a clean healthy place to live. The dry heat keeps down mold/mildew and destroys many bacteria on surfaces.
    I think you are too worred about the dry part of being in the desert, and are actually overwatering them. Overly moist soil will not protect tender new growth from the direct midday sun, nor the harsh dessicating wind. All seedlings need a certain amount of wind action to help them grow up with strong stems. A desert 'spring zypher' can take the paint off your siding. So move those puppies where they will get scattered shade at noon, out of the path of the winds, and keep your attention on letting the soil get almost completely dry except right around the root ball. Then you water it slowly and thoroughly, making sure it drains comletely, and wait for it to dry again. Cannabis loves this sequence. And she generally enjoys the heat. It's just because the desert is so hard on any of the broadleaf shrubbery and herbage.
    Also keep a close eye out for insect activity. Grasshoppers, moths, aphids will appear like magic to graze on your tasty greenery. They can come from miles away, or from next door, but they will come. You cannot reason with them, they have no mercy. Your only hope is to be prepared with a Safer's insecticidal soap spray.
    L8R! eg

8. Hey man where u live? I live in Tucson AZ and every day it is above 104 that is uasally the low for the day. But the best thing that u can do for your out door plants is to keep them in the shade (under a tree) all day every day. give 1 cup of water to each pot as soon as you wake up. and right before you go to bed water each pot 1 cup 3/4 of a cup of water. I swear to god this will prevent any more discoloration of the your plants. keep me posted

!¡!PEACE!¡!