How much water to give my plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by washingtonweed, Mar 7, 2010.

1. my plant is about 5 days into flowering and is a little over a month and a half old. I am afraid of over watering it and don't want to under water it.. Its in a 2 gallon pot. about how much water should i put in there every watering?

2. Wait until the soil gets dry to the touch. Then water until 1/3 of the water you put in comes out as run off. Then wait until the soil gets dry to the touch.

I think you can figure out the next step :p

3. if you have already grown the plant for over a month, you should know how much to water.

4. i suppose so..

I've never watered it enough to have any water running out the bottom.. wouldnt that be too much!?

5. #5 Floweroflife, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    This is a great question many of us can learn from because everyone has their own methods, theories and approaches. Also this is a great place to share, well at least but for a few of the smart asses. So what if you have a question 5 weeks into the journey, actually that shows intelligence. Most just act like they know and mess it up real good. So screw people and their whack ass comments that project as though asking a fucking question is wrong just as oldskool ignorantly added.When others just expect you to know something they themselves must just know everything. I have been working with hydro to this point so soil is new for me when growing indoors. Best with your journey and grow...

6. Thanks for the support +rep

7. My plant is also just begining to flower, what i do is up their dosage slowly untill I'm feedind nute's every 2day's and as it's going now everyday.

akhans is right when he say's feel the soil, or you could also tell by the weight of the pot, but as weed grow's it get's a bigger apetite especially when you put them into flowering.

I'd say water every 3day's and feed on every second watering. By time you get to a month in flowering, you'll know what your plant like's, just pay attention to her ;)

8. <snip>
    And here I thought I was exercising a lot of restraint responding to an obvious question...I mean jeeze, the plant lived for 4+ weeks and is flowering so it has obviously been watered appropriately.

you might have meant arrogantly instead of ignorantly. I wasn't the one with the dumbass question.

9. ...no but you were the one with the dumb ass remark!
    He was asking a question and now he is that much more informed and so are others who are on that level. Sad bro, that you are so above others to make remarks and say they are asking dumb questions. Even if the plant lived well to this point maybe it could use more water or nutes? What are you some fucking god Oldskool? Why don't you go spend some time with growers who will send you packing back to school or go somewhere you could learn instead of hanging round these parts where obviously no one cares about your IGNORANT remarks. Arrogance is something your wife is tired of but your ignorance speaks louder and for itself. Take your ego somewhere else because the kid was asking a fucking question... piss off...
    I feel for those who have to be around you and Jah forbid if they have a question that is not good enough for you... Again ... go hang out somewhere else if your gonna be an old cranky dick. Obviously you show us how pathetic you are by scooping through the newbies forums and dumbing down others who are looking to learn.... You arent old-school at all actually because old school heads don't tread like that....Obviously you have a lot to learn and why not channel that knowledge you do have and do something that will add instead of take away from others? Karma's a bitch when being in your shoes and someones gonna come by one day and dumb you down just so know what it's like to be on the other end....Enjoy

• Like Like x 1

10. Boosh!:wave:

11. Thank you for the help. Sorry it was a dumb question.