how much water is too much water when veging??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phantomgrower, Oct 15, 2009.

1. just kinda curious if there is an amount of water that would be too much to give them. i put them in 2gl pots yesterday..and its almost time for their first watering...so what do most ppl give their plants in this early stage...100ml? 200ml? less ? more? and would it be good to throw in some root builder with this as well?. thx guys

2. 6"

Well normally I put them into 6" pots for a week and then transplant to 2 gal pots. In the 6" pots I usually water 1 cup (250ml) which takes two days for the pot to dry.

In the 2gal pots I water about 500-750mls and I have to water on the second day.

I also do a 50/50 Pro Mix/Perliite mix or equal parts of Coco/ProMix/Perlite mix. Make is really porous.

3. right on thx for the help

4. i dont pay attention to how much water i give them i just make sure that the soil is moist and just make sure to water them every few days but whenb there seedlings in a cup i just use a shot glass full of water every 3 to 4 days depending on the soil go on youtube and search under tonydabone62 check out my grow closet and plants and this is my first grow !! check it out