Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

How much water??? 1 gallon container

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MotherOcean, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Hey i have a really qucik majorly beginer question.

How much water do you put in a newly transplanted plant in a 1 gallon container. there are 12 plants which each own container and the tallest plant is about 11 inches tall.. they are very new and i just transplanted them but now my partner has no idea how much water to put in... please help!! emergancy question!!!!

How much water in a 1 gallon container??????

2. 250-500ml with a medium like ProMix HP/Sunshine #4 which contain peat and about 20% perlite.

3. A good rule of thumb when watering is to water until it begins to run out of the bottom of the pot, wait a few minutes and repeat. When thoroughly watered, heft to pot to see how heavy it is. Let the soil dry out between watering. You can tell by lifting the pot, it will weigh considerably less when dry, clue to add more water.

There are too many variables to set an amount of water to use...the type of soil/potting mix, the size of the roots/plants, the temperature and relative humidity all effect how much water you will need to keep your plants happy.

4. I was going to say almost this same thing! :smoking:

5. QFT. No specific amount to tell you, it depends too much on not only the size of your containers but their shape, the soil mix, the strain of plant, it's age and stage, your RH, many factors.

Water thoroughly when you do then not at all until the soil has dried out a bit.