How Much Trimming?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xBlue Dream, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I started flipped to flowering last Wednesday.

Now, I've decided that, since they're large enough that removing them from the tent won't be feasible for much longer, it's time to do a good trimming to make watering them from the outside easier.

Here's the first of my 4 girls; Suzie Q (Image 1). She's a 7 week (from seed) Sour Diesel fem. She had a brief run-in with thrips before a couple of nighttime neem oil treatments, which have hopefully done the trick.

I trimmed all of Image 2 off of her today. Next is a nice feeding, and then back in the tent with her sisters. Image 3 is what she looks like after the trim; I'd say I removed about 15-20% of foliage that is either thrip-bitten, or light-starved. Before I continue with the rest, how do you think I did? Is this gonna be too much of a shock?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do a nice prune b4 12/12 flip. The 2-3w after 12/12 flip print big fan leaves. After that time only cut leave blades blocking bud sites

3. So now that I've just pruned one plant (and halfway through pruning another), 5 days after flipping to 12/12, is a mistake? Should I cease immediately, before I stress the other two (and the one I'm currently working on) too badly?

Here's about how far they are into flower, for some context.

Attached Files:

4. I’d wait till after stretch. Until then only cut off dying leaves or blades blocking bud sites