How much to feed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stevie23, Sep 17, 2017.

1. im growing 4 plants under 600w Hps 10l pots with coco/soil mix in 2 and coco coir in 2 pots also.feeding every 2 days with around 2 litre of water with 2ml of iguana juice grow and rhizotonic 2ml p/L
    My question is how much water should i be feeding them. and should i alternate the feeds between pure wtaer and nutrient based mix. so basically use feed today and in 2 days time use pure h20 or what.
    let me add that im around 2/3 weeks in grow phase and these are a little behind due to condition changes and repot. hence the use of rhizotonic.
    Any advice would be great . thanks guys

2. If you are using organic nutrients keep going with the every 2 days feed schedule.
    It's really hard to cause to plants any kind of problem while using organic nutrients, you could lighly flush em every month or so if it makes you concern.

• Like Like x 1
  3. so would you say that from what ive described that the set up seems stable. one plant was fully yellow from start of seed until 2 days ago and now flourishing so i think the organics are doing some what well .
    thanks for the response.
    do u have much on at the moment yourself?
    i have mixed breed set up this time, star dog cutting, dutch kush, and 2 unknown.

4. I can't comment on the 2 pots with the coco/soil mix, but you don't want to use just water on the 2 with just coco.

• Like Like x 2
  5. With the coco I'd water to the point of runoff. The slower you pour it on the more she will take. If they dry out they tend to shed water and some folks think it's saturated/etc. and fail to give em enough. It's just something you have to play with to find the sweet spot. I'd water the soil/coco the same way but it may not (won't) dry out as fast.

And yes...alternate feed/water/water/feed Etc. Unless you have shit tons of light and years of experience reading the plant.... maxxing out the ferts will only cause troubles. (such is why there are so many "My plant is sick/dying/yellowing" etc threads here) In most instances, "Less is more" is the best approach.

good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. exzcellent responce great thanks, one of the embeded questions were if 2lites per plant is okay? another quick think ive noticed on a star dawg cutting is early sighs of pistols? although ive not change light cycle. why is this? any idea?

7. thanks mick appreciate the input

8. I can't say if 2 litres is enough/too much without being there. If you see runoff...it's enough...if you don't...maybe not. As far as fertilizer...if they are only 2-3 weeks old (rooted) I'd go easy. You will see far more growth with less fertilizer than with too much (which will stunt or kill)

If it's a clone it is already "mature"...so seeing pistils/sex is very normal. Just to be safe though...got any pics?

9. i will get you some now, i found a male kush this morning whilst inspecting also ill send those just for info for ppl who maybe reading. give me 2 mins

10. here we go and out of the nutes i have been gifted whats the best here

Attached Files: