How much THC is lost by fast drying??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BeginnerGrowOp, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Say I don't have an available location to dry my fresh harvest out and i have to dry it in an oven, how much THC would be lost? Like what % of the THC would be lost through hasty drying techniques.

2. You need to find somewhere! You are not only going to stink your whole house up, but drasticly reduce the potency of your harvest if you bake it in your oven. Basicly you're going to do the same thing as putting your bud in a vaporizer without the buzz. Not to mention to get the taste/smell you want propper drying and curing is essential. You dont have an attic or a closet? Hell, theres plenty of ways to dry bud without stringing it up all over a room. I've read about peopke using paper grocery bags and even old cardboard boxes. anythings got to be better than ruining all that hard work by putting it in the oven!

3. Edit: I didn't realize you said you were gonna bake it in an oven.

DON'T DO THIS!

Never rush the process.

Always slow dry and always cure for at least 30 days.

Rushing the process with make your bud smoke very harsh and taste like crap.

4. :smoke:If your gonna do that Ill dry it for you

5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    listen to this dont force dry. you will have useless weed . I wouldnt smoke the chronic i grow if forced dryed in an oven.

6. You see that keyboard you're typing on? Now look to where its connected. You see that nice computer tower? Take off the casing. Throw your bud on somekind of material sturdy enough and that can hold it. Place bud between the two fans and close case again and viola. In about two- three days you'll have a nice nugget that is light and fluffy and very smokeable.

7. Yeah I honestly don't see how anyone can not have space to dry their harvest. You have room to grow but no room to dry? Doesn't make sense. Anyways I agree with everyone else. Proper drying is a must. Period. Proper drying is the difference between some dank, nice smelling, even smoking, great tasting herbals, and weed that looks good, but when smoked is very harsh, horrible tasting, bad burning, low potency, low quality smoke. Yes it's that important.

Seeing what could have been great weed ruined by improper drying is one of the saddest things ever.

BTW nice avatar RawrSexy. Namaste.. :smoke:

8. If you rush, you're basically going to ruin the whole purpose of growing..