Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much thc in buds?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by le shitfarmer, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I was reading about those medicated strips (like listerine strips with thc) and it said they have 625 mg of thc. As a reference point, how much thc is there in say 1 gram of buds?

2. Depends on the strain and how it was grown.

3. ^exactly. scwhag and mids are gonna have less than fire, thats why fire is the most expensive.

4. Ok so for dank weed, would 600 mg of thc per g of herb sound about right?

5. nuh uhhhh???

6. It depends on the concentration of thc per gram of the bud. Which i have no idea how to calculate.

7. no because that would mean the gram is 60 percent thc and thats imposible the highest thc percent is like 20

• Like Like x 2
  8. For just nugs it can get up to i've seen 22%. In terms of concentrates they can get up to around 97-99% thc.

9. I don't know how to calculate how many mg of thc there is in bud... its calculated in percentages...

Like for example Hawaii 5'0 is 12% thc and Blue Dream is 8% thc ... but I have no idea how to tell in mg . I'm not sure you need to though the percentages tell a lot. I heard the highest known thc is 28% ... I wonder if its true

10. #10 HipHopFiend, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    If a 1g bud is tested at 27% that means 270mg (0.27)of the 1000 mg total (1g) would be THC.

11. #11 Bluegiles, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This is right, i wonder what the thc intoxication level would be then.....must be around 80-120 mg