How much taller at flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grandad, Oct 11, 2009.

1. So, dude at the hydroponics store tells me that my girls will double in hieght when they go to flower room....

they are all abouit 13" to 15" now and I'm hoping to get them to about 30" at harvest.
    but they will be in veg. state for 4 more weeks.I've allways thought(from outdoor experience) that they don't really get much taller when they start to bud. so I'm a little worried about the hieght.

anyone else think they will double when they go into flower room?:confused:
    and should I top them to slow vertical growth and let them get wider??

2. I dunno, but I have heard the same thing. I JUST swiched my girl to a 12/12 cycle and she's already pretty big, I'm woried because the pot she's in cant handle her doubling in size...

If you have limited space it might be a good idea to somhow make her gow wider if you can, although I'm not a fan of topping. I aint cutting nothing that could bud until it buds.

3. A lot of it depends on the strain. I had some girls that I started 12/12 at about 8 inches tall, and now one is about 4 feet tall and full of buds, she is a beauty. However, her sister who was started at the same size, height, and age, just refused to stop stretching. Eventually I had to top her, and I don't know if it was from the stress of being topped in flowering, or the fact that she simply didn't want to stop growing, but I eventually pulled her because she was taking over my flowering area, and wouldn't stop growing. I believe had I had the room for her she would have been 6 feet+ and would have yieled nicely.

Point is, it's really too hard to say. From the time you hit the 12/12 switch, to the time she decided it's time to stop growing, and start budding, she can put on several inches (or even feet) of growth.

If you are really scared, tie it down some, or top it, really hard to say without pics, and it's even harder to "predict" how she will grow.

One thing that will make a difference is if the strain is indica or sativa dominant. My girls were sativa dom's, and it was clear when they were growing that even though I started 12ing them at 8 inches, my 5 feet of head room was not enough lol.

4. hi dude the chances are they will atleast double in size in flowering, alot of the time they go to 3 times the size, if they are sativa dom then they will grow taller than indica dom