How much should I tip?

Discussion in 'General' started by Liqweed, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I agree with both of the above comments. Especially considering most servers are getting paid at minimum and if they weren't getting tipped, they would either demand a raise or go into an easier line of work. Serving is not easy.

With that being said. I'd say i'm a very generous tipper but at the same time, if i honestly evaluate my night and i feel no tip is justified, ill be the first to leave nothing.

2. Please don't ever judge your tip on how the food came out. The person who delivered it to you did not cook it, therefore it is not their fault if it is bad. I use to be a waiter and would ALWAYS get horrible tips because their food sucks because of some lazy fucks that worked in the kitchen. Of course, I always tried to do everything I could to make them have a "great" meal, but still, please don't ever tip based on the food. This is delivery however, which I have never done, so I'm not sure what you are suppose to tip. But don't be a cheap scape with the guy.

3. Remember, you are tipping the driver, not the establishment. If you tipped based on how the cook or food preparer made the food, then he would get a cut of that tip. What you tip goes only to the driver.

Why punish him/her for the establishments fuck up?

4. I honestly can't think of any situation where it's justified to stiff a server. Just rest assured that next time you go into that restaurant, they'll have a little fun with your food.

I never understood people who either don't tip or treat their servers like shit. I mean, they DO realize that we're in the back with their food, out of their sight? Like they said in the movie Waiting, never fuck with the people who handle your food.

Sorry for sounding harsh, it's just an issue that I deal with most days, and I hate it when people try to justify being shitty tippers.

If you can't afford a 20% tip, don't go out to eat. Period.

5. #25 18OOSmackAHo, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    Most people who are too broke to tip don't eat out often anyway so I don't really see that happening to a lot of people. At least I don't, but even then I tipped a guy who even forgot my pizza and just brought the sub because I could tell he was having a bad day.

Do you guys tip your barber? I always do, it's like making sure you get another good haircut next time, but what about taxis? Besides asking for a pick up and helping out with luggage, why do you tip the ones that drives you from point a to point b? All they do is sit on their ass.

6. Agreed, Steve Buscemi had it all wrong.

Nice sig btw :poke:

7. #27 DutchX5, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
    AHH!!

I had it in my last account a while ago in 2008 (didn't get banned I just wanted a new name).. I'm down for sharing it if you are... sig brothers :wave:

8. when i worked for domino's the delivery charge was 2.00 I only got a dollar.
    It even said on the pizza box the delivery charge is not a tip and tip the drivers for their awesomeness :laughing:

9. Yeee I made it wayyyy back when, that's cool wit me tho pussy is the only thing I'm not down wit sharing :smoke: