Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how much should I sell my bong for?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JesusGotBaked, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I have to quit smoking for the Army, and since I still live at home I don't want my parents finding my piece. They don't really care about me smoking, but I still don't want to leave behind a bong for them to discover. Plus, they're moving in a couple of months, so while I'd be gone at basic training, they'd find it in my room inevitably. I wont be smoking for a few years, at least until my contract is up, so its not like I can use it anyway. I could just keep it till I'm done with the military, but I'd have nowhere to keep it and I don't want to give it to a friend to hold onto for a few years. I'd rather sell it and get some cash than risk getting caught with it during my time in the Army.

I paid $50 for it online, and it was a total of about $70 for shipping. Do you think I could get away with selling this for $60? It's brand new, and I only smoked a few bowls from it. I do have about two months before I go to BT, so I was actually thinking about trading it for one last eighth. I'm not worried about weed being in my system, cause I run daily, I just don't want to get ripped off. I could either get $60 cash, or a fat eighth. Should I trade the bong for a fat eighth or $60? I'd rather smoke one last eighth to be honest, that sounds like a good way for me to enjoy smoking before I cant for a few years. What should I do?

It's a foot tall, 250ml EHLE with ice notches.

[​IMG]

2. sell it to me for saym 1s that hate, saym 1s that tag along$

3. $40-$45

4. Sell for 60

Buy eighth

Keep remainder

5. One last eight man, make it special too.

6. saym 1s that hate, saym 1s that tag along

7. I've sold a nice bong similiar to that aswell becouse I had to get rid of it. If you can get 20$ for it cool I guess, but maybe you should consider just giving it to a friend and let him or her enjoy it

8. same ones that hate, same one that tag along.

except not. :rolleyes:

9. $20?! Hello no, it rips hard and is worth at least $50. It's a nice glass piece, I'll see if I can trade it for an eighth. I don't really care about anything weed related anymore, I honestly wanna move on from worrying about pieces and all this kinda shit. I just wanna smoke one last time so I can end it right, and that way if I get killed over in bum-fuck-nowhere I'll at least know I was able to enjoy the herb while I had the chance.

Then, once I survive, I'll have around 100 grand to spend on shit. I plan on moving to cali or denver (I love the snow) and trying to get a job at a dispensery. Then I'll smoke all the fucking time.

10. Just work something out with you dealer, I sure as hell would trade an 8th for a cool bong like that. :wave:

11. That's what I'm doing right now, asking him if he's interested in a bong, or if he knows anyone who is.

12. It's worth whatever someone will pay. I personally would pay 60 for it.

But if your dealer wants to trade some bud for it, then that's what I would do!

13. Damn, $100k? An O-7 (an officer, generally referred to as a General) with 2 or more years of service get's paid $10001.00per month. I'm assuming since you're going into basic training that you'll be an E-1 to E-2. Max monthly salary: 1671.00 per month + $225 imminent danger pay.

The dream might take a bit longer than you intended it to. Few make any real money in the military. But I'm sure your recruiter told you all about that.

14. [quote name='"anonymous157"']

Damn, $100k? An O-7 (an officer, generally referred to as a General) with 2 or more years of service get's paid $10001.00per month. I'm assuming since you're going into basic training that you'll be an E-1 to E-2. Max monthly salary: 1671.00 per month + $225 imminent danger pay.

The dream might take a bit longer than you intended it to. Few make any real money in the military. But I'm sure your recruiter told you all about that.[/quote]

Hey man don't give him a hard time. I think it's great that he wants to serve our nation. You should encourage him to do it right, plus if he really wants 100K then he can earn it.

P.S (after your contract, look into private security, preferably with Xe services; that's where the money is)

15. Sorry, but no. "Serving our nation" may be a noble responsibility. However, blind subordinance is the reality, that very often (especially as of late) contributes to the hostility, when there was in fact no threat to our nation. This in fact damages our nation.

It's not about a hard time, it's about the reality. And honestly, if while prepping for basic, you are concerned with how much much your used bong is worth to sell, it doesn't seem like the interest is where it would be best served. Just my 2 cents.

@JesusGotBaked, good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

16. #16 GBG, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    Unfortunately it is the truth. If he is expecting to come out of the military in a few years with 100k in the bank, then he has almost impossible expectations. Hell, I myself would join for a few years if I would end up with 100k at the end- but it's just not going to happen. Keep in mind that it's not like the army gives you their debit card for everything.. what I am saying is that you are going to have to spend your own money to fly home for Christmas/visiting/whatever, off base activities, etc etc.

How long are you planning on staying in the army?

Please don't take that as me bashing you, I greatly appreciate you willing to serve our country and it is in fact a legitimate job. Just doesn't pay what you are expecting. I also want to apologize for taking this off the topic.

17. I would try to get away with $65 to a more experienced local blade. Let them smoke a bowl out of it and bring ice and nice icy bong water. :D They'll do with that.

18. Id buy it and pay shipping for 60