How much rabbit poo?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by StackOfSmoke, Feb 26, 2014.

1. This lady is selling 50# rabbit food bags full of rabbit poo for 7$ a bag. Seems like a good deal. How much would you mix in for a 1cu ft soil mix?

2. If I had some and I was going to add to a soil mix if add a bunch - at least a gallon per SF and maybe 2. Just make sure it drains well - you may need to compensate with aeration and then I'd let it sit, moistened, for the usual month of cycling time.

Good deal! It's also an excellent worm food sprinkled into your worm bin.

J

would you suggest the same for chicken manure pellets?
    was thinking of putting some in the worm bin..

4. #4 jerry111165, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Rabbit manure seems to be much gentler than chicken poo. Is start out with a few cups of chicken poo vs a few gallons.

Which chicken manure pellets did you get AW?

Edit: there seems to be different types of chicken manure pellets - if they're composted u could probably use more...

i'm using this.. http://www.chickitydoodoo.com/

was thinking of using some in the worm bin.. not it the soil mix.
    any benefit?

6. Cool thanks for the help. Think ill do close to 2 gallons. Would you recommend using it as top dressing or with teas?

7. Everything in moderation... If you add it to you soil mix directly I would think that would be sufficient. Remember about your solid structure when adding. The gallon (or two) is just a guess - the last thing you want is a heavy and dense soil.

J

8. Yep it'll be great in the bin. Start out slow in one corner and see how they like it but don't mix it in - sprinkled on top is good. Don't want the bin to heat up.

J