How Much Longer Should I Wait Until 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jess.diamond, Aug 21, 2009.

1. How much longer would you wait until going 12/12? I'm not in a rush, but do these AK-47's look like they're nearing time to bud?

TIA,

jessie

Attached Files:

2. depends on how much height you have left, they will double there size when its all said and done. they look really healthy tho. id say flower them any time inbetween now and 1.5 weeks maybe 2 weeks if you have enough room

3. ^^Agreed^^

Although i would say most varieties CAN double in size but that's not always the case. Some plants put on alot of horizontal girth with little gain in height, say 1/5th of the hight before 12/12. Also, keeping some blue in your spectrum will minimize the stretching so common under HPS/2700k.

I run a CMH which keeps the girls' nodes nice and tight :)

4. They've been raised on a single 100w 5,000k CFL, but about two weeks ago I began supplementing that with an 85w 2,700k CFL. They seem to be flourishing with just CFLs. We'll see!

I don't have enough room for them to triple in height or width. So, I might start them sooner on 12/12,

Thanks for the input!

jessie

5. i always flower them off when they are a foot tall mate especially with sativas

6. Those look really good man, what nutrients are you using bro? :hello:

7. if i was you i would flower them off now, i normally give them a good 24hrs of complete darkness just to kickstart them into flower mode, they look really healthy vigorous plants there you should have some nice bud there soon, well done so far :D

8. oh shit sorry mate i meant for the thread starter to flower off now!
    no if i was you i would let them grow to about 1 foot then flower them off mate unless you have loads of height in your cupboard then let them grow a bit more

9. I was talking to the OP. Make a new thread its rude to Hijack! :eek:

10. oh right, i thought it said 'does anyone have advice' not does 'gmd only have advice'???

11. Hijack? This is a straight coup lol

gmd is right. You should start your own thread for your queries. This one was started by jess.diamond to filed responses to his own questions. Have some respect please :wave:

12. ya wtf jigglewad u jacked the fuckout of this theard, not kool man

13. No need to throat jump, mb. I'm new on the site, thanks for the patient heads up and tolerant response.

14. Jessie,
    IMO newbie opinion. You don't have enough light to sustain much more height as is. When they flower they keep growing so you gotta start thinking about the end when your plant is almost twice as big as now. From the looks of your setup, you're gonna have trouble with much more plant. It does look great though. I might try hydro someday.
    Another good idea might be to try and light the bottom of your chamber. Your bottom leaves look a lil shady, ya know. If you have good enough ventilation throw some verts alongside it.

15. #15 FreshMeat, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
  16. What in G-ds name is that!!!!! It looks likes it's gonna eat him up for nutes, just swallow that man whole like in the Little Shop of Horrors. Wow, is that one plant?