How much light for mother plant?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by roots3003, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I tried to search for answers to this without much luck. How much light is needed to keep one mother? I was hoping (3) 26W CFL's would be good...is that enough or too much or not enough? I would just out her under the T5 fixture's but i'm already out of room ;(

2. Depends how many clones you want to take and how often. If she is outgrowing your current lights you can just heavily prune if you don't actually need the plant to get bigger.

3. Not very often..like 4 cuttings every month or 2 I would say??

4. Should hardly need any kind of intensity just for that amount of clones. Your idea of 3 CFLs should be totally fine for that. If it outgrows the CFLs just heavily prune. Just don't prune so much that you won't be able to take your clones when you need to.

5. Thanks. As for watering, my idea was to put the pot that the mother plant is in inside a bucket. I am working on a drip hydro setup for the veg. room, so I would just extend a drip to that pot, and the overflow should just go into the bucket. Sound good, or is it better to water it by hand?