Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much lechithin?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by kungfupanda420, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hey blades so I've been reading that soy lechithin is a great ingredient to add to your edibles as it intensifies the high. I have had a hard time finding a specific amount to add though and when to add it. I made some rice crispier with coconut oil and tossed in a spoon full or two when I was letting the weed and oil simmer. I used .35g per dose with some dank herb and so far all my friends have said that the edibles have out them on their ass but the taste was more repulsive than usual. I noticed when I added the lechithin the oil immediately began to turn a dark brown almost black color. This led me to believe that the soy lechithin became burnt due to the fact that the oil was simmering. When is the proper time to add the lechithin? While smearing the oil? After straining out the weed and while the oil is still hot but not under direct heat? Or after the oil has had a minute or two to cool? Also how much lechithin would you recommend adding? Per gram? Per batch of brownies?

2. I dont think it matters too much, but I think you're on to something with the lecithin making the taste worse. I just used it for the first time in a batch of brownies that i just popped in the oven. When I licked the batter/spoon i noticed that it tasted heavily of marijuana, much moreso than when i usually lick the batter. Hopefully that means that they are just stronger in general. But yea, i would check out bad kittys canna oil recipe,and look at the pictures and eyeball it. if there's anyone to trust here, it would be her

3. Alright I'll make sure to take another look. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing the increase in the poor taste

4. Lecithin will definitely darken your product because it encapsulates the molecules which decreases the amount of open space and makes it appear darker because as much light doesn't get through.

Standard quantity of lecithin is 1/2 teaspoon per fluid ounce of oil/butter. It will enhance the flavor of whatever it's added to, including the weed taste.:)