How much is to much?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Divine Flame, Sep 9, 2011.

1. I'm only going to grow four or five plants (indoor) just to keep it safe and personal. Eventually I'd like to go higher than a 400w light. Anyway how much would you say is overdoing it, 1000w, 2000w, or 3000w?

2. One 1000w hid light should typically take care of a 10' x 10' space (3.04 x 3.04 m) You can also get a light mover and use mylar to maximize your potential! If your 4 or 5 plants are going to be 6 footers (2 meters), you may need more but imo a 1000w should be good for your sized grow.

3. i would say 10x10 for a single 1000 watt lamp is a little ambitious.. thats less than 1500 lumens per square foot. the minimum most would run is 4000 lumens per sq ft. which means 1kw is good for about 36sq ft. or a 6x6 room

but you are still limited by the footprint your reflector can cover.. only the really large ones are good for 6x6

in my 55" square tent i still have low light coverage in the corners.

4. I use a 2 GL 60 tent's with 250 watt lights in each. I grow 2 plants at a time with the SCROG method and I yield more than enough high quality weed to last the entire year with one grow session. It's easier to keep quiet and I don't have excessive heat issues using a smaller light.

5. I was thinking about adding a 250w to my grow to keep a mother. Also what do you yield? Because I was probably going to SCROG this grow.

6. #6 ceejr, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    The second tent was just added so no yield numbers yet. The other tent I grew 2 plants without the scrog and it was tight but I got 6.5 oz's which I was happy with but with the 2 I hope to get 10 but we will see. pic of the scrog running under a t5 HO till I get a MH bulb.
    Pic plant is a Grapefruit Krush
    100_1366.jpg

7. Looks healthy, any pics of your last grow?