How much is this worth!?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by HeadyGlassLover, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Okay guys, my gf doesn't understand the difference between custom blown glass and $20 china glass piece. This piece is custom blown by a local Artist in KC. How much do you think it cost me??

Attached Files:

2. I'm guessing your GF thinks you overpaid based on the way you worded it. $50?

3. [quote name='"Permafade"']I'm guessing your GF thinks you overpaid based on the way you worded it. $50?[/quote]

Damn, first guess lol! I paid $50 for it and all of her friends are telling her it's worth no more than $20. Just wanted some clarification haha.

4. Tell her she can't use it unless she pays you $30 extra.

5. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']Tell her she can't use it unless she pays you $30 extra.[/quote]

Lol I'm sure that'll go over with her well...

6. Personally unless that thing is indestructible (which it isn't) i wouldn't of paid more than 30$ for that not including tax

7. i cant tell from the pic....quality glass is alot thicker and heavier and just fells more solid and durable all around.....

8. [quote name='"bubbs"']Personally unless that thing is indestructible (which it isn't) i wouldn't of paid more than 30$ for that not including tax[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of dry pieces myself to be honest. She sent me to a place with local glass to buy her "a mint color pipe" and wanted to stay away from the cheapo ones carried at the local gas stations and smoke shops... I only made her pay me $40, so I lost $10 myself, but I know she enjoyed it until her friends told her it was $20. She immediately came to me and asked if I ripped her off lol. I've been getting into wigwag heady designs as custom glass lately and she just doesn't appreciate it quite as much as me lol.

9. your gf is right

10. I bought a spoon for 8€ and it works like the rest of them.
    Don't really care how it looks like, though I have to say my 8€ spoon looks pretty nice (like the ones for 30€).

11. Even if not every buy is a killer deal, provided it's quality glass and with the right care, it will likely last long enough to be more than worth the cost in the end, even if it's just sentimental value. You can't say the same for bottom-budget imported pieces.

12. [quote name='"lysergy"']Even if not every buy is a killer deal, provided it's quality glass and with the right care, it will likely last long enough to be more than worth the cost in the end, even if it's just sentimental value. You can't say the same for bottom-budget imported pieces.[/quote]

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too...

13. Are you inside It's A Dream?

14. [quote name='"MastaKilla"']

Are you inside It's A Dream?[/quote]

Cooper's. Right across from Uptown Theater.

15. Ok, i figured it was one of the two. KC resident myself

16. [quote name='"MastaKilla"']

Ok, i figured it was one of the two. KC resident myself[/quote]

Not one of the places I'd buy my own shit, but it worked. If you're ever looking for some dope ass pieces... Def go check out Headspace On Troost. I was blown away with the craftmanship.

17. I paid 45 for a really nice hand blown piece. Damn cops took it after a year of good service to me :/ here's a pic of mine :)

image-1406191371.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Thats a fifty dollar bowl ^^

The one you got is nice but your girl does know street prices. That woldn't go more then $30 outside the glass store. Which ain't that great for a bowl. Still looks okay though. But I like to be able to see inside pipes when I smoke so thats just preference.

19. lol tell her u paid a lot for it and tell its custom made bucuzs its a realyy goood peice and deserves more TTENTION. shell luv us

20. Well its prob good glass but does that really matter?
    I just broke a super thick bowl of mine. Sometimes extra thickness won't even help, I never thought my bowl would break and a simple slip of the hand in the wrong room of my house brought it down

I've never believed in buying a "custom" piece that looks like any other bowl anyway
    Not to say thats not a fine bowl, I'd like to have it to0