How much is normal GPD in DTW?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by DyersEve726, Nov 30, 2019.

1. I have four plants in 3 gallon fabric pots 70/30 coco/perlite. Four days into flower and they're feeding a ton. They're getting automatic fertigation five times a day with six drip emitters per pot. I'm blowing through 2.5 GPD per plant. I have been using an 8 gallon tank, but it's not enough now. Is this an unusual amount?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. 3 to 4 GPD on normal days ,, if I have a temp issue and the temp goes up I have seen my plants use up to 8 gallons per day .. per plant .
    Each of my plants are in their own 20 to 30 gallon RDWC reservoir

3. So you're saying this is normal and I need a bigger tank? Haha. I've got a 15 gal tote I was originally thinking of using. Might have to at least switch to that.

4. Yeah that’s normal mate. My big ones drink upto 18L a day. They get pretty thirsty once they get to a fair size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I am saying this is what I am doing ,, that is how much my plants use in water per day .
    What you do is totally up to you ..

6. Ahh, your doing hydro. The fact that your plants will actually absorb that much per day though tells me it's not unusual that mine are needing 2.5gpd to always create runoff. I'll have to put together the bigger tank as soon as I can. I can't even last a day on 8 gal.

7. Don't jump the gun ,,, Really I am using a couple of the 30 gallon totes with two plants per tote ..
    I think that's might be a better set up .
    The plants need another plant next to each other to grow faster because the plants go into competition .
    At the same time I am starting to use a DIY chiller and might be insulating my reservoirs .
    I might be buying coolers and using them as a reservoir .

might be growing weed but it doesn't mean I have the perfect set up and know it all .

8. I don't think it's jumping the gun...I mean, I'm using that much already creating at least 10% runoff and they're only gonna need more as they flower. I'm gonna be filling that 8 gal all damn day. May as well hand feed, lol. I might even have to go bigger than 15 gal.

9. You’re doing hydro too mate. Coco is hydroponics :)

10. Ten RDWC systems ,, 4 gallons per day = 40 gallons of R O water Per day .
    each system gets changed 3 times per month , also each system requires being refilled twice every 6 days ..
    I use on average 2500 to 3000 gallons of RO water per month .
    I have about 700.00 wrapped up in the right RO system and about 300.00 in the wrong R O systems .

11. Use more volume so the run off doesn’t get effected so much and you can just put it right back into the res mate.
    If you think it sounds dodgy then go Hit google for “Wilma system “ that’s exactly what that does and

12. Here's my setup. I have a 55 gal res for nutes and a 30 gal for water. 2x a day drip feed nutes and 1x just water. I fill both res weekly - so I'm doing just over 1 gal/day/plant. You'll see the results I get. I average 1lb finished bud each - some more, some less. My best yet with this system is 1.42lb. Overall I yield .92g/W. 11 plants in 10 gal pots - coco IMG_5315.jpeg IMG_4261.jpeg IMG_6719.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. how much run-off are you getting out of that 2.5 gal?

14. Probably more than is necessary. I fill up the 14" saucers to the top with two feedings. I could probably reduce from 4 minutes to 3 or 3.5, but I worry about not running enough through.