Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much herb??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pawpcorn, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Lets say I wanted to use 2 sticks of 8tspn butter which is also 1 cup of butter how much herb should i use? I have silver haze which is really potent. Also how much canna butter would I get out of it?

2. have u seen the sticky?

3. Well, for OK butter, I'd say 1/2-1 oz.
    If your wanting some butter that will drop you on your ass, depending on potency,
    2.5-4 oz.

4. I made cannabutter for the first time two days ago. I used 1/4 oz Big Bud (high quality buds only) to 2 sticks of butter. I used the water method and simmered for 15 hours. The finished product was less than the 2 sticks I started with, but not by much. I'm guessing I lost 2 to 3 tbsp to the process. I used 1/2 cup of the canna butter to make 24 cupcakes. I was flying off of one cupcake, but I'm also a lightweight. Hope this helps. Making edibles is a brand new hobby of mine. I'm having a lot of fun experimenting. You will too :)

5. generally a rule of thumb that is make sure you lay the bud down evenly and make sure you have enough melted butter so that all the bud is submerged in the butter. are you going to strain?

6. Pretty sure nobody thought you were being smart. :hello: