Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Much Grinding Is Necessary When Making P

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Great_Dane, May 25, 2013.

1. Ok, last week i decided to try something new with weed last week and decided to make edibles. I wanted my highs to last longer than they do with smoking. I made a firecracker using JIF (not organic) and weed. I still got really high even though I winged the entire recipe and used about half ABV weed from a vapor genie (not a real vape) and half "unused" weed. It was certainly a better high than smoking or the vape genie and lasted longer (though i couldnt stay awake even though it was noon). 

I tried to do the same thing the next day.

This time I: 

heated to 375 degrees 

put the firecracker (with JIF) into the oven for 25 minutes. 

I made more firecrackers later that day and still didnt get high using this method. I was thinking maybe the JIF didnt have enough fat, because ive heard organic is preferred, but i tried adding oil to the peanut butter , using more peanut butter , etc.  

I have thought that I may not be grinding it enough. I dont have a grinder (seems unnecessary expense) and have always been fine breaking it apart with my fingers or a grater when smoking a bowl.

Also, i tried putting weed in heavy cream for 90 minutes on the stove (on "simmer" ), and drank it (it tasted awful too) and didnt feel high. I had a totally empty stomach at the time , if that makes a difference. I had actually been fasting for entirely unrelated reasons. 

I want to try to make edibles again tonight. But dont want to waste any more weed . the only reason that i could think of why this is not working is not grinding enough-that would make sense, but then again i didnt have a grinder when i made the first firecracker. 

i read that edibles significantly increase your tolerance? is this true?