how much fertilizer should I use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rhinodank, May 5, 2013.

1. Grow big fox farm fertilizer... My plant has taken a beating lol but how much should I use per gallon of water? 1 tsp or half a tsp? For general feeding it says to feed 2-3 tsp per gallon, but I thought you had to half that? Confused... Help?

Attached Files:

2. I would start at 1/4 tsp per half gallon so half a tsp for a whole gallon. Your girl still looks pretty small so start it off slow with the nutrients. Then increase the dosage in increments. So after using up that whole gallon mix in 1 tsp per gallon. Until you get to 2 tsp. Also depends on how long you will be vegging her, because once you start flowering you are going to want to switch to a blooming fertilizer. The grow big you have there should only be used for vegging.

3. Yeah man, I'm only a month into vegging and I'm probably gonna harvest around September or October... So how long do I use half a teaspoon per gallon for? then when do I switch to a higher dosage? Ima be vegging until mother nature says it's flowering time. So do I use half a teaspoon of the stuff every watering?

4. Usually whatever the maker says that should used as a max amount. You would be surprised how well some plants just take 25% percent of that. Every strain/plant is different some can take as much as you throw at it some are very sensitive. Thats something you'll have to discern. Usually visual clues are a good indicator of that.

For how long well your soil should have everything you need for a month or so. After that a good rule of thumb is once a week. How do you know when to swtich to a higher dosage well the plant grows..much like a human its needs increase as it grows. So as the weeks go by up the amount.

Supplements can be used every watering depending on what they are..stuff like Cal Mag or bud boosters. Your primary nutes are the ones your talking about and once a week should be fine.

That Grow Big I believe is part of a 3 part solution that Fox Farms uses so you might want to pick up the rest. Usually they sell them that way. The whole thing makes up a complete nutrient program. Usually nute makers sell a 3 part series or a A + B series.

5. Yeah just make sure you start low with the dosage of nutrients and work your way up to full strength as you see fit. Also make sure you get a flowering nutirent-the fox farm version is called "Big Bloom" I believe.

6. My pura vida says use four teaspoons per watering. I use one cap which is one teaspoon worth. Every third watering. They just don't need much nutes

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for the replies everyone, I was going to use a 1/4 for today's watering, but it rained last night so should I out it off till next watering? Also, for some reason if water gets on my leaves, they get black, yellow, than they get really crispy.. What does this keep happening?

8. Sounds like your lights might be to close or too hot. What kind of lights are you using and what wattage?

9. I'm growing outside lol

10. And I live in so cal, so temps can go as high as 115 in the summer.. This is my first grow so I'm wondering how so many people grow in these temps with no problems... The leaves are getting soggy/black, than they get yellow and fall off... Idk what the deal is and im pissed because my plant looks like sh** now:c

11. Dam bro black and yellow? Maybe the nutrient solution is too strong? It sounds like nute burn. Some pictures would help immensely

12. My plant is getting a beating... I had spidermites, used mighty wash, it burned my leaves, so I bought neem oil and worked KINDA better... But even when I sprayed it at night my leaves still got torched...

Attached Files:

13. Also, should I use this in my feeding also? (mixed with the fox farm big grow) I got this free and the guy said it'll strengthen the leaves for harsh weather. I would be mixing in less than 1/4 tsp I suppose, correct? Or is that only for fertilizers?

Attached Files: