How much dolomite lime?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wEEDhEAD1, Feb 8, 2019.

1. I grow using bio bizz soil and nutes plus a few other organic goodies either mixed in or fed.

How much dolomite lime should I add per 100ltrs?

2. G'day mate.
    Im really busy so i can't do the math for you this is in square feet, hope it helps...

The following approximate application rates will raise pH from 5.5 to the optimal 6.5: for sandy soil, 25 pounds per 1,000 square feet; for loam, 75 pounds per 1,000 square feet; and for clay soil, 100 pounds per 1,000 square feet. If the current pH is even lower (near 4.5), these rates should be multiplied by a factor of about 1.8. Sandy soil, for example, would then require about 45 pounds (25 x 1.8) per 1,000 square feet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. most likely soil is already PH balanced, have you checked the manufacturer details/instructions about the soil?

4. Ok so yeah seems like it’s not gonna work for me :/, and I just bought ten kg lol.

My soil is basically a mix of different peat, with pre mix and perlite. And it does keep its ph, so I don’t have too.
    I add in some biosis super thrive and bat guano and extra perlite.
    I use Epsom for mag and have cal carb on hand cause sometimes I need it when I grow em long. And I plan on these being my biggest by far.
    So I thought dolomite lime would be my solution to not haveing to water the extra cal/mag.
    Didn’t realise it would raise my already perfect ph soil.

Guess I’ll leave it out and stick to the Epsom then..

5. . It consists of 20% sphagnum peat moss, 35% garden peat, 10% high quality organic BioBizz Worm-Humus, 30% perlite and 5% BioBizz Pre-Mix.

6. Dolo will only neutralize acidic soil, it doesnt really raise PH on its own.
    It's needed in peat based soils cause peat is acidic.

7. IF you are using a peat based product it would have to be limed to be able to grow plants in. It's likely that there is enough dolomite in the bag already.

30% perlite is high. Too much lime can move the ph of the soil too high. Medium basic dose of dolomite is 1 tbsp per gallon of medium. It also depends on how small your particle is how it works with ph.
    Harmonizing Peat and Lime - Sun Gro Horticulture

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I think you confused perlite with lime?