How much does marijuana cost in the U.S.A ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 Superjoint, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

On Wednesday, Sean Azzariti became the first person to buy marijuana for non-medical purposes when he stepped into a store in Denver. He paid $40 for 3.5 grams of Bubba Kush, and another $9.28 for a few pot-laced chocolate truffles. All around Colorado, people lined up for hours to get their hands on the first legal weed in the country.

Soon, residents of Washington state will be able to follow suit. And now that the flood gates are open, marijuana legalization legislation is likely to come up in state capitals across the country.

But while marijuana for recreational use is still illegal in 48 states and the District of Columbia, that doesn't mean there aren't buyers and sellers. An interesting set of data, compiled by PriceOfWeed.com, shows high-quality marijuana is most expensive in North Dakota, and in several Mid-Atlantic states.

Read more

2. #2 jeff88, Jan 14, 2014
    Funny how everyone is saying price is going up. I picked up a zip yesterday of mids for $100 here in TX. I remember when $60 oz were not uncommon even 10 years ago. I only expect it to go down from here as the supply in CO and Washington pushes into other states. Every other time I pick up it's been dank and for the same price, or maybe as much as $140/oz. I've been seeing it pop up more and more since 2012.

Price is gonna change erratically as the states legalize. Co and Wa are seeing a price inflation because of the sudden demand but soon they'll have more than they can smoke and it will all start flooding out and prices will drop. Then another state will do the same and it will affect prices for a while.

What will be really interesting is the price in CO and WA this time next year, or 5 years from now. I expect it to be pretty cheap, but it will never be dirt cheap. Businesses will come to their senses and work together to keep a standard price. I predict buying on the street will be dirt cheap though. There's always someone willing to make a dollar off what they grew.

3. #3 Koh, Jan 14, 2014
    Interesting graphs, but they are a bit misleading. If you are looking to buy 1 gram of high quality bud, its going to cost you 20 bucks in most of the east coast, which is off the chart. If you are buying larger amounts, these prices become pretty spot on.

4. That chart im not sure about. Its a great concept and all .

I was born and raised in north Carolina .  trust me when I say this . if you can find a gram of high grade for 20 count your blessings .