How much do you pay for vitamins?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Borborygmus, Dec 9, 2013.

1. I take a multivitamin and a fish-oil capsule, I pay around 30 bucks for a month's supply of the fish oil and around the same for the vitamin I think. Now that I am a student and don't have steady income I figured I could look further than the closest health food store for some deals.

I'm just curious what others pay, or if there is a good website to order from. 

2. I eat fishes a lot, so I dont take fish oil. I also eat shitloat of oranges and chew citrus. So no C vitamin and oil tabs for me.

3. $30 for a months supply? That's not the great, man. Look at the back and tell me the epa/dha levels per serving.

I too don't have the chance to buy a lot of fish, so I buy Natural Factors omega 3 pills http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-EPA-400-mg-DHA-200-mg-240-Softgels/4251#bid=NFS&p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=omega%203&rc=35&sr=null&ic=7

It's $30 for FOUR months supply, and the levels of epa/dha are great (the stuff that actually gives the benefits).

Most retail stores you go to will overcharge everything.

Here's a coupon which gives you $10 off your first order: ZTR497

Grab some B-Vitamins while you're there - highly recommended.

4. Less than most, gf works in pharmacy at walgreens

5. #5 Mercury713, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    I spend around $60 a month. It used to be more when i used fish oil, but i learned that fish oil is bad for you. Its alot better to just eat real fish. It would be more if i didn't use the coupons at http://www.growingdeals.com/pipingrock-com-coupons/ so always try to find good deals or else you will be overspending.

6. none.

healthy diet + exercise is all you need

7. i pay 30 for a months supply of multivitamin packs but only about 10 a month for fish oils. It sounds like you might be overpaying on fish oils. as far as the multivitamin if youre getting a pack of vitamins for 30 a month thats designed for athletes then youre getting a decent price but if its a standard one a day vitamin ur overpaying

8. Please link the studies that "prove" fish oil is bad for you. I'd LOVE to know..

9. [quote name="Mercury713" post="19135435" timestamp="1386654673"]I spend around $60 a month. It used to be more when i used fish oil, but i learned that fish oil is bad for you. Its alot better to just eat real fish.[/quote]Ya I'm honestly not too sure about real fish anymore, granny definitely has me sold on fish oil. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I used to take a shitload of garbage, magnesium, multivitamins, vitamin d, vitamin c, b vitamins, etc

Now I just take omega 3, around 15 bucks a month

11. I pay somewhere around $10-20 for a lot of fresh produce, and then juice it all. Making 24+ oz of juice. Enough for me and a friend or two.
    This has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes and it's all natural. THE best multivitamin you can put in your body.
    Vitamins from the store are just going in the toilet, sorry.

Juice juice juice
    Nature knows how to take care of you

Thanks man! I was about to say the ones I have are double that dosage so those would be a 2 month supply, but I see you already accounted for that. This will save me some big bucks, I hope they deliver to Canada.

13. Hmm I was looking at reviews for that site, Iherb, and they seem to have issues shipping outside of the US. They use a delivery service with no tracking information, and people say their customer service sucks. On their website it says they will reimburse the customer full cost -20% and whatever else they add in. They also seem to spam review sites with good reviews and coupon codes. Am I stupid to still be thinking about ordering from them?

14. $7.99 multivitamin gummies at the grocery store player

15. [quote name="Mill" post="19149481" timestamp="1386877863"]I pay somewhere around $10-20 for a lot of fresh produce, and then juice it all. Making 24+ oz of juice. Enough for me and a friend or two.This has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes and it's all natural. THE best multivitamin you can put in your body.Vitamins from the store are just going in the toilet, sorry.Juice juice juiceNature knows how to take care of you[/quote]I've been wanting to get into this. Every day have a veggie drink and fruit drink. Way better than multivitamins and definitely the healthiest. What would you recommend the ingredients?

16. I recommend combining the fruits and veggies into one drink, and juicing it. NOT blending it, or vitamixing it, or nutri-bullet-ing it. But juicing it so you do not get any of the fiber only the rest of the nutrients - you get concentrated vitmains/minerals/enzymes/antioxidants.

One of my favorites:

1 beet (peeled w/ veggie peeler)
    2 red apples
    4 carrots, somewhat large
    sliver of peeled ginger (thumb size)
    3 sticks of celery
    1-2 heads of broccoli
    3 handfuls of red grapes
    Half thing of kale (dinosaur kale) or more if you want more
    1 Big cucumber

I think thats my main recipe.
    The fruits will make it sweet, along w/ the carrots. The kale/broccoli will seem a little bitter.
    Ginger gives it a nice subtle zing and the grapes will provide a sweet aftertaste.

Add lemons, limes, papaya, pineapple, watermelon and whatever else to experiment.

This stuff is medicine.

17. Sounds good man. I'd definitely add some garlic cloves and spinach.

18. More the merrier :)
    Enjoy brother

19. [quote name="Mill" post="19150208" timestamp="1386886322"]More the merrier :)Enjoy brother[/quote]What kind of juicer do you have and is it pretty easy to make one of these drinks?

20. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f11lWuRxL-U