Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much do you buy & how long does it last?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by c0rruptZ, Apr 24, 2011.

1. #1 c0rruptZ, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    FIRST POST BE NICE LADS

I'm pretty new to marijuana culture, I had my first joint a few months ago and I guess I've been toking & learning since... My "dealer" is my sister who let's me go to her's for a smoke, buys my stuff for me etc. She's unemployed, lives with her friend in a pretty crap flat but somehow she affords to smoke weed every day?

What I'm wondering is, on average, how much weed would one consume in a specific time? How much do you guys buy at a time? How much does that cost? How long does it last you? How much do you smoke a day? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really curious and I'd like to start buying regularly. As it stands I'm usually sneaking off to my sister's flat for a smoke whilst my parents are asleep, would much prefer it to have my own stash and just be able to smoke in the garden or wherever when my parents are asleep/out.

Just in case it helps with my scenario, a teinth (1/16th) is £10, 1/8th is £20, half ounce is about £40/50 and so on here. It's pretty crappy weed but I can't really go out and find a dealer selling better stuff lol. I smoke mainly joints and "lungos" (I think they're also called third-lungs, basically a half-cut bottle with a bag attached to the bottom). A harsh lungo would probably keep me high for a few hours, I'm a lightweight lol. I've also recently been looking into investing into either a glass pipe or a bong, but i'll wait until I'm buying my own weed regularly first :)

SORRY FOR THE ESSAY but i'd love answers aha :)

2. Hey welcome to the city :wave:

as for your questions I've started smoking around 2 years ago and now I usually buy 7g each time I go to my dealer and it lasts me for a week since I'm high pretty much all day long. I used to buy half an ounce each time I went but I live in Canada and we have really nice weed over here and my dealer has different strains every week so I like trying all of them.

As for how I smoke, I use my bong 99% of the time. I take a hit every 2 hours or so and every hit gets me high for an hour and after it just starts fading so that why I smoke quickly after lol..

hope it answered some of your question :bongin:

3. How much roughly does 7g cost?

4. #4 Octus, Apr 24, 2011

Also referred to as a quarter
    For regular weed (Mids)
    A quarter should be 35-40
    You should get a discount as you buy in bulk(very important)
    10- 1.X g
    20- 2.X g
    20-25- 3.5g
    35-40-7g
    65-70-14g
    115-135-28g

Hope this helped

Also a quarter last me 2 weeks to a month depending on quality. I usually smoke/vape once a day.

5. those are some pretty average prices, but u gotta remember it will change from where u are and what strains u get

6. I buy a gram every 3-4 weeks... I get high daily. I vape the bud (MFLB) then smoke the vaped shit... Double the use out of 1 purchase.

7. this really doesn't make any sense.
    if u smoke daily how can a gram last u 3-4 weeks and if you try to smoke the residue from the vape then you really wouldn't get high cuz the vape VAPORIZES the thc

8. lol 20$=.8 near me its ridiculous

9. damn where u from? and is it some dank or mids?

10. Think about what you just said and what he said...

He is saying that for every gram he buys and smokes, its like smoking 2 grams at the same rate. Aka smoking 1 gram every day lasts 1 week, vaping 1 gram every day lasts 2.

I got a mflb and prolly go through 1-1/2 grams a month vaping every night.

11. i understand that but i just dont see how u make a gram last even a week. I blow through a few grams a day depending on what im doing

12. I just don't even understand how you can break a gram up into 31 little pieces to smoke every night for a month.... much less actually get high from it.

To answer the post, a buy an eighth (3.5) every two weeks. It usually last like 1.7 weeks though lol, and I take a little forced, 2-3 day T-break.

13. So an eighth could last two weeks good then? I don't mind having a few days break anyway. Also I know I'm asking a lot, but any good storage tips? Containing the smell etc.

14. i think an eighth would last somebody and you can store it anywhere from the baggie to nice glass jars it all depends on how much money u can spend on it

15. Okay, and yeah it'll last me im sure - i'll probably only end up buying a teinth in that amount of time anyway due to school etc - i'm going to try and save blazing until weekends :D

16. Hi welcome to the city.
    When I started out way back in the day all I could save up from chore money was about 20 dollars (13 euros, yes I converted for yo ass) and I had to conserve. 20 dollars would get me about 1.3-1.5 and that could last me a good 2 weeks, if I scraped my resin and smoked that also.

Now, I buy ounces at a time for 230 and it lasts me around a month - month and a half. Thats with sharing with buddies on the regular though. I roll joints and I have a bong. If you're looking to save/conserve pack bowls that are very small that equate to one hit so you can kind of monitor your high as you go.

For storage, ball jars work the best for me. If you don't have money to buy a ball jar, clean out a pickle jar or what have you and use that.

17. do whatever u think you need to do dont listen to other people and just smoke when you want to. and thats good to keep skool first priority.

And just a tip u can store bud in Altoid mint cans i have a small one i carry around with me then i have the regular can for some nice pre-rolled doobs!

18. Welcome, i'd just buy dubbs 20 dollars worth of weed when needed.

19. #19 As Above So Below, Apr 24, 2011
    If I have dank, the amount I consume goes up. It's hard to limit yourself to a bowl of dank lol. The method used to smoke also plays a roll into how long it lasts. Vapes conserve the most and have the cleanest high, and blunts/j's will waste the most, but will also get you mad high (smoking alot in a short amount of time).

The method I use is a gravity bong.

I can buy grams,half 8ths and 8ths of dank, so it depends really. Always at least a gram and that lasts a good 3-5 days. My prices for dank are $20/g, 30/half-8th, $60/8th, $120/Q. For mids it's $25/Quarter, $50/Half-O, $100/O. I never buy less than a quarter of mids and it always lasts me at least 2 weeks, and that's smoking everyday.

I usually smoke in the morning if my parents are gone. If not then I just wait for them to leave. If they don't leave that day I don't really worry about it. I always smoke about an hr before I go to bed. I can't really say how much I smoke a day (in terms of weight) but I say at least 1-4 bowls a day. Gravity bongs get you ripped so you really don't need a lot. You should really look into it since your only using those other 2 methods.

What you do is get a bottle, cut the bottle part off, and drill a hole into the cap. Find a bowl (like a socket piece, I had an actual removable bowl to use) and then slide it through the hole you drilled. Fill a decent sized bucket with water. Now load the bud into the bowl and unscrew the cap and push bottle down so all the air goes out of it. Once the bottle is completely submerged, screw the bowl back on. Light the bowl and pull the bottle up slowly and gravity will do the rest :D Here's a picture.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the long post!

20. I always buy an ounce. It varies on how long it lasts depending how many people im smoke with.