How much can i expect to yield?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Skulls, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I am planning on growing using a 4x4x6 grow tent with a 400w hps. I am really leaning towads using the sog method. I am wondering how much i can expec to yield using a strain called "Mango".....if thats what it really is!? From what ive seen it will stay fairly short and has nice tight buds so asssume that this would be a a good choice.

Also was wondering how many i can expect to fit into the grow tent? I was estimating about 12. Thanks for any help that you can provide.:D

2. everything is relitive, but if ur pulling more then 1/2g per watt per 30days ur doing something wrong
    1-2g per watt is really good

3. Wonderng if it would be feasable to put more than twelve plants in this size tent if i do the sog? I have a little growing exp. but never tried this type of method......

4. #4 janemba, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010

oops, i meant to say if ur not pulling more then 1/2g.
    12 little ones, yes. if u could throw some cfl's if heat isnt an issue for u and that will help ur yield.
    or t5 strips, the cool light or blue spectrum helps tighten the plant. if u veg under a hps ur plants will stretch and node spacing will increase causing ur buds to be less dense.

5. #5 vince_1015, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    I have a 1000w hid light and I average 3 ounces per plant. It depends on growing conditions as much as lighting. Keep it cool, ventilated and get a descent nutrient lineup and you should have no prob pulling 16-20 oz in a sog system. One piece of advice is to keep away from the SOG. SOG is difficult, time consuming and it takes knowledge. I take it that you are a new grower, so my advise is to keep it simple. Get 4 plants grow em up, harvest and next time grow SOG. That first grow will make a world of difference.

Ill give you an example, assume one of your plants dies, not unexpected with new growers. The plant is tangled above and below ground, and it's extremely difficult to remove, if you leave it there it could cause rot and disease. Also, generally speaking, SOG is a hydroponic method, which I would not advise for a beginner. Get some Sunshine mix, some 2-3 gallon containers and try walking before you run.

6. he's got a 400w HPS

3oz per plant, nice what strain how big?