How much bud should we expect?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ColoradoKB23, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Hey guys hows it going? Well my friend and I are growing 5 White Widow and they are looking reallly good! I started flowering on Sunday, Febuary 17th and they will start their 5th week of flowering this Sunday. We are flowering for a total of 9 weeks, which means we will harvest on 4/20. (Swear to God we didnt plan it that way, just got lucky I guess). Anyways, my question for all you other indoor growers (White Widow growers in particular), Is what kind of yield should we expect? If you want to check out our grow journal before you answer here is the link. http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/203185-first-grow-5-white-widows-1-skunk-1-a.html. Any answers you can give are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Flowering does not start once you make the switch to 12/12. Actual flowering time starts when the plant shows its preflowers after 12/12 and starts to produce pistils. I checked out your grow journal, and they look quite healthy. You can expect those buds to fatten up a bit more, but I would adjust your estimated harvest time. As for an estimate on your yield, who can know...just a guess tho...maybe 2.5-3 oz.

3. you mean 2.5 - 3 per plant, or for the whole crop? looks good man nice job

4. Thank you bro. And Pre flowers showed 2 days after switching. I could tell that these 5 were female and by day 5 and I found out the other one was male by 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks after the switch

5. That was an estimate for the whole crop, and was a low ball figure.

6. 2.5 to 3 ounces for the whole crop? Mmmmk dude but I don't think so :p

7. Mmmmk dude, what do you think?

8. 2 Per plant. And thats at the very least. White Widow is supposed to yield 250 grams per square meter and my plants take up about half that which would be 125 so we'll round down to 100 grams since this is my first grow even though I have followed all of my grow guides exactly and my plants are budding more and more every day. 100 grams is only 12 grams away from being a quarter pound. O and by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you bro. I appreciate your help but I just don't think 2-3 ounces from 5 plants is a realistic figure at all unless I grew with some CFL's and really shitty water, soil, and fertz.

9. I know were not arguing, its good conversation man. I hope you yield the 250g/sqm, but those figures are fabricated on sites like doc chron, nirvana etc. I was guessing low because its a first time grow, and WW isnt the greatest yielder, but still good. Take into consideration that I dont know your medium, nutes, etc. Most new folk on here do not follow guides they flood the forum with questions that are already answered. I love how your girls look, pictures are deceiving and the size of them is hard to determine. A point of reference would make it easier to guess. Anyways happy growin.

EDIT: to point out, I did say it was a low ball figure, and by the calculations you provided, 100g's is just over 3.5 oz. So I wasnt to far off with my low ball figures and what you atleast expect to yield.

10. Yea dude but Im saying 3.5 per plant, not for all 5 plants combined. :wave:

11. for the record, my guess is about 1-1.5 oz per plant i SERIOUSLY doubt you'll get 3.5 oz per plant. white widow just doesnt yield that much per plant on regular indoor grows. itd have to be a massive plant to yield almost a qp a plant.

1.5 oz each is a pretty good figure for your first harvest.

12. WW doesn't yield that much. More like 2 oz/plant. But it's potent shit.

13. ya sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way your going to get almost a qp per plant on 400 watts unless your doing everything perfect, using advanced techs, and introducing co2. and i agree with above posts that there is a little nute burn and you obviously didnt top the plant and they are stretchin out quite a bit. they look good but your goals are simply unrealistic. getting a qp per plant would mean you are hitting 1.4grams per watt which would be effing incredible.

a pretty good rule of thumb especially for the first time grower is that you will get about .5 grams per watt. take 400 watts and multiply by .5 you get 200 grams. 200 grams divided by 28 grams (oz) is 7.15. take 7.15 and divide by 5 plants and viola you have about 1.4 oz per plant. Even if you hit .75 grams per watt which is what i would say most decent growers hit without c02, your still looking at about 2 oz per plant. I would say that is a more realistic goal.

hope this helps,

FLoJo

14. Sorry guys I was just going by what I have read from other White Widow growers. Thanks for all your help and I have to say I will be very happy if I yield 2 oz. per.

15. Your good to go, I want to see some harvest pics when its all said and done

16. its natural to have high expectations and the want to get the most yield out of your plants i mean any grower on the planet that tells you differently is lying out their ass haha but from my experiences I have found that when you focus more on the quality of your plants then the yields come with the harvest, and in the past when i have focused on trying to max out thats when i ended up having problems such as over watering nute burn and stunting. and your plants look nice n healthy i cant wait to see some harvest pics... its gonna be so damn potent your not even gonna need to smoke that much haha. good luck and happy growing

FLoJo

17. yah man i think you'll get 2 oz MAX out of each and thats maxing dude. if you look at "watch my twins grow" or somthing on grasscity forums you see 2 giant healthy plants doing great, which yeilded about 2 oz. making 1 oz a plant.