How much bigger will these buds get?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Jakegrow420, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Day 20 for all these beautiful girls.

Wondering how much yield you guys think they will come out too and how you think I am doing for my first grow. They are in 5 gal fabric pots also for size reference.

Purple tangie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This girl has the most buds but they are all good sized and getting plenty of light. This is the one I'm most curious/expecting a bigger yield.

The next plant is a Cheese strain
    [​IMG]

Then SFV sorry only have closeups for these two
    [​IMG]

She's big about 4 feet tall with pot this one stretched the most

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. G'day mate,

I just wanted to drop by and ask about the purple tangie. DNA's standard Tangie is a bit fickle when growing indoors. I was wondering how that variety compares. What's your experience been like.

To answer your question, looks like your girls still have some time before they start really packing on the chunk. The last couple weeks are when most of that happens. Most of what you have there looks like they finish in 8 to 10 weeks. My suggestion is to focus on the resin heads instead pistils or weight. This can be done with a pocket microscope (costs about $25) or a jeweler's loupe (costs about $10). When you see about 30% amber coloring while nearly all the rest are cloudy. The percentage of amber isn't an exact science. Everybody has their preference. What I can say is under 20% isn't quite ripe enough while more than 40% is too far deteriorated. Keep in mind the more ambering, the more body stone you will get from the smoking experience. Hope this help. Cheers to ya!

3. What happens with these plants is totally dependent on the lighting you're using to flower. Don't know how many plants you're flowering or what size HPS you're flowering with (don't post pics under HPS light....use natural lighting next time)...but if you've gotten "stretch" with your plants, your light is too weak or too far away from your plants. Each light is truly only sufficient for so many plants. You can hang a light high, but then the plant loses affect the farther from the plant it is. The better wattage and proper spectrum of light a plant gets throughout it's life, but most especially during flower, is the thing that determines the size of the plant and the yield in the end...better light gets you better buds at harvest. However, you can't overload the lighting you do have for flower with too many plants. We flower with 1000 watt HPS fixtures and only flower 2 under each lamp. We run a 10 week veg/flower cycle and our yields per plant average out between 3 and 4 ounces per plant at the moment. If you don't have enough light to flower several plants, you'll get more weight off flowering less and getting better bud development than crowding up plants under a light source for the sake of growing more. You always want to keep your light as close to your plants as possible without risking burning them to get the most out of the lighting you do have. When I first started out, I thought that flowering more plants would get me more weight in the end. But it turned out to be opposite of that. I easily get more weight flowering less plants and using our lighting to it's fullest. New growers tend to get the idea that nutes are the thing that determines the size of plant and the weight in the end...but that's all due to the lighting. But these plants look like they need more time. The thing you need to get is a jeweler's loupe. They're not expensive at all and they will magnify the trichomes where they can be seen with the naked eye. You need at least 25% amber coloring in the trichomes before you pull and anything above 25% is just a stronger more potent plant. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. The purple tangie is a very aggressively growing strain. It has a very branch and tall structure but if topped twice and trimmed right is a very easy plant too go. Very sativa. Not a sensitive plant and grows very quickly. Many branches and bud sights. Resin production began on about day 20

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum