Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How MMJ saved my life.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Kind 3ud, Oct 6, 2009.

1. #1 Kind 3ud, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
    See I started self medicating around 4 months ago. I have severe rapid cycling bipolar. It was really ruining my life last school year, the prescription pills always had bad side effects or I was over medicated.So I quit taking them,and went on a 5 month period with out medicine. It was horrible, I dropped out for the last 3 months of school. I really mistreated everyone in my life,including my ex who left and was the most important person I've ever had in my life.I concenplated suicide because of my condition. So I decided I'd be wreckless with life before I ended it and decided i'd experiment with alot of drugs(starting and ending with MJ) I then discovered my savior through means of drug abuse(if you will call it that), I started smoking weed during the summer to get trashed and forget about the aftermath of my shitty behavior. I noticed when high and normally following up to 6 hours after I start coming down, I feel more humble and at peace. No more racing thoughts, impulsive actions or words. No mood swings, no uncontrollable depression or anger.I also view life more openly and was able to move on from her. So here I am now , 2 months into the school year and I smoke before school. It keeps me focused, still, and calm all school day. No more ADHD urging me to leave class or preventing me from doing what I need to do. No more wanting to blow up whenever typical school drama starts up or some teacher decides to push my buttons.

All I can say is, with with responsible use, I know marijuanna has great medicinal value.
    Now while Im sure alot of marijuanna is grown with possibly harmful chemicals to provide quicker growth and better buds,and the combustion of a plant through a device covered in tar and resin is unhealthy for the lungs. MMJ covers every aspect of these illnesses without the side effects of pills(Most are going to appear long term and be phycological;meaning alzheimers,brain deterioration, even worsening the condition meant to be cured) which also to mention dont cover every aspect of the illness in terms healing.

If your MMJ is for legitmate medical purpose,speak up, share how it helps you. Let stuck up politicians see the miracle in this plant. The time to legalize is now.

Edit:Im sorry if my grammar is off,im pretty stoned at the moment.

2. Glad to hear marijuana helps yet another person :)

I don't use it medicinally unless you think relieving stress after a days work/school is a good excuse haha.

Oh, by the way. Keep it at weed and you'll be good to go. You said you'd experiment with drugs? I'd say don't go that route, if weed is what's working for you, stick with it.

3. Exactly what ChronicBxR said. Weed is good most other drugs are not good at all. Kids in my school are finding this out now before they smoked weed a couple times and then think they know everything and are ready for whatever. Then most of them went and took a bunch of pills and passed out and got sick, started puking. I stick to weed and thats (about) it. Besides acid occasionally. Really happy marijuana helped you so much.

BTW, ChronicBxR, BxR as in a halo reference? If not then you probably have no idea what im talking about :p

4. Great to hear your story! Yes marijuana is a God send for many ailments and at least in 13 states it is now legal for medical users! Hope it is where you are located! Thanks for posting your story! :hello:

5. Yes, but my name is also Brandon Roberts, so it kinda works out both ways :)

You're the first to notice that haha.

6. Awesome, glad to hear your off the meds.

I get the exact same feeling though when/after I smoke weed.

7. That's great to hear, man.

With the right mindset the good herb can really set you free :smoke:

8. Yeah i used to play halo a lot and just thought it had to be a halo reference. God im stoned.:p

9. i would suggest polishing this up and sending it to your house and senate representative if your not in a medical marijuana state.. ,

10. Now if only the ignorant ears would hear this story. This only further proves mmj should be legalized everywhere

11. I also have ADD and used to have severe depression. Heavy Sativas have turned my life around. after smoking an eighth of something good over the weekend, school has never been so easy. I got accepted into my first choice for college and its all because i smoke cannabis. Im seeing the first A average ive ever had because i can finally focus.

12. #12 ReallyRed, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    well, i've not been perscribed a MMJ card but i do know that it does give me relief from the wound-up and panic-ey feeling when i'm triggered with my PTSD. hell, it lets me think of things other than "how fucked up i am" or how my life feels like it's "Totally out of control" when i'm in full-on panic mode.

yeah, i know the risks of psychological addiction and this is more a stop-gap measure (as in, the weed itself won't make me better) but it does help me to calm down and lets me think more clearly (so long as i'm not so high that my mind is so muddled up with THC.)