How many with this light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by soskie, May 31, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SPECIFICATIONS:
    100W high power LED
    Beam angle: 110 degrees
    Forward current: 3000
    mA - 3500mA max
    Forward voltage: 32-36V
    Luminous: 6000-7000LM
    LED colors: White
    Color temperature: 6, 000 to 7, 000K

how many plants can i grow with this thing?

2. Probably none well. I bought a 45w Glow Panel just to play with and I'm not impressed. If heat and energy consumption is an issue, get a good CFL.

3. #3 soskie, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    this isnt like the panels this is a led used in street lights its about 4 inch in length

see

[​IMG]

4. What color is it?

5. I hope you didn't have to pay anything for that. :)

6. why do you say that?

7. I'm not really knowledgeable at all with LEDs, but 100 wat and 6000s lumens should be good for one plant. Maybe

8. Plants under just LEDS, grow slower and a bit bushier.if you use that get a few 26w daylght cfls. then a few 42w cfls. that will help. lol

9. Some day led's will have advanced to the point where they can produce good crops but until that time I think they are a waste of time and money.

There are a couple led grows on here that are impressive but the returns just just don't seem to be there (small yields).

The reason I said that is if you are going to experiment with them I would try and get the led's for free if I could or as cheap as possible. You don't want to be sitting on a thousand dollars worth of lights that you discover you can't use later.

Just my 2 cents - agree, disagree - whatever.

Good luck and good growing. :D