How many seeds per pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thejax, Jul 24, 2009.

1. I am kinda a beginner, I usually put 3 seeds in a pot. I was just wondering how many seeds other people use per pot when they grow?

2. wel.. im no to sure im sorta a beginer my self...buut i put 4 seeds in one pot, 3 of those seeds where difrent types of haze.. annd now i have one plant going right now out of four seeds

3. 1.

Any more than that the roots are going to tangle, that's not a good thing.

I would suggest taking time to read the stickies.

4. yea like what tonymon1 said, you defo only want to put 1 seed per pot

5. The reason being 1 per pot is because by the time you can tell sex its to late to seperate them. Chances are both roots are tangled up in the soil. Figure they are going to have a minimum of 2-3 weeks to grow!.

Also, There is a chance to get 2 females in the same pot. Then you are SCREWED!! you would HAVE TO chop one just to save the other. Then you have to worry about the chopped roots rotting in the soils causing even more probs.

ECHO ECHO!!! definately best to put 1 seed each in seperate SOLO cups.

Good Luck!

6. I put them in jiffy plugs or rapid rooters to germinate and then move those into cups or 4" pots. I know that a lot of times when you plant seeds they tell you to put a bunch in pots and then cull the weak ones, but the seeds are so expensive in this particular case that you don't want to take that approach if you can avoid it.