How Many Plants should i put under 3-600 watt hps???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dabigd7, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I am running 3 600 watt HPS and my friend has a abundance of Strawberry Cough Clones already busting roots through the soil. My question is how many clones should i buy from him to throw under the 3- 600 watt HPS, i heard from some growers you usually get a gram of bud per watt of light. How many Plants should i buy????? Please Help Me!!!

2. If you have the space i generally hear 100w per plant is best.

3. yup - 100w per plant is the general rule of thumb

4. Id go with 20-22, but your always safe going with 100w per plant.

5. #5 john, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
    I flower 30 plants under 4 x 600w lamps (6 rows of 5 plants).
    Strawberry Cough has an indica domain (around an 9 weeks flowering plant), if you veg for 3 or 4 weeks, you would be able to flower 9 plants under each lamp. A nice square with 3 rows of 3 plants under a 600w HPS, 3 lamps = 27 plants.
    If you are looking for a gram a watt, you will need to use a techinque like Scrog, LST, SOG, Topping, Fiming, Supercropping or a Stadium grow.

6. can i find out about these techniques over the internet with a search or would i find them in a book

7. You can go through the search button on any grow forum, or just google them.

8. I have a good friend that uses a 600, vegs 12 plants for 4 weeks, pinches the tops at three weeks, five gallon bags, and gets right at an ounce a plant. Times that by three for your self and u are in good shape.