How many plants in a 4x4?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jillo, Jan 6, 2018.

1. I'm deciding on purchasing a 4x4 (48"x48"x80") grow tent from Amazon, possibly with a 1200-1500W LED grow light, using 2 gallon pots.

How many plants would you recommend I fit in the tent? The strain is Purple Haze (fem).

Thanks GC!

2. Will 10-11 plants be too excessive and crowded?

3. You can grow as many as you want.
    I love variety, so I like to grow more than most people would consider wise, so I'd probably do 6.

Careful buying LEDs, because many wattage claims are too high by a factor of 10 or more.
    Even going by true watts is risky if inefficient LEDs are used.
    Here's what real grow lights cost. This is just an example of a good brand:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I like your style.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What watt light did you use?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've flowered 6,4,3,and 2 in my 4x4. Lower plant counts are way better. 4 might be ideal if you veg them the correct time so it doesn't get too crowded. It's a square shape. 4 fit in there just right with 2x2 each.

Anything above 6 is way too crowded unless the plants are very small.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. You can do 16 on a 2-3 week veg. Then bloom with a 600w light and get around a pound no problem.
    I’m currently doing my 4x4 trays with 8 3 gal plants and yielding 1.75-2.25

“You ain’t shit unless you grow it”
    Hi how are you no it’s how hi are you

8. 16 in a 4x4? Jesus I struggled with 7 in 8x4 with 5 week veg.

I’d personally do 6 max in a 4x4 3-4 week veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. If you haven't picked out your lights yet this is what I run for bloom in my 4x4. Two of them. It's hard to beat.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit
    If you click on unassembled you can get them for $325 ea. They are a snap to build. 285 watt max each. 570 total for 2. It's all you need to flower a 4x4. If you buy lower quality leds you'll need up to 775 watts to fill it properly. These leds have such high output you can ramp back the watts per square foot to about 30-35 when it normally takes 45 to get good coverage with led.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What size pots are you using tho

16 2 gal in a 4x4
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. 3 gal fabric , its not about floor space its about 6 would fill my canopy with a 4-5 week veg. i can veg them in my other tent this time then when flowering tent done they can go straight in.

12. I would do 8 in 3 gallons and shorten my veg to 3-4 weeks. You’ll get more per year.

13. wont be any difference i can veg well 1 tent flowering m8

14. Did you go with 2700k on those quantum boards since it’s your flowering tent? I’m contemplating 2700k vs 3000k

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. 2700k hasn't been available that long or much. I run a 3k and a 3500k in my bloom tent.

• Like Like x 1