How many plants in a 2 square feet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Junior5, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hi GC. How many plants should keep in a 2 square feet area, 5 feet tall?
    Im new to this so any suggestion would help.

These are the strain I ordered yesterday from the The Single Seed Center.

1x Flash - Speedy Gonzales - Feminized for £6.07 each
    1x Green House - Big Bang - Feminized for £2.94 each
    1x Green House - Green-O-Matic - Feminized for £5.30 each
    1x Sweet - Cream Caramel Automatic - Feminized for £6.30 each
    1x Free - 2 Free Feminized Seeds (orders of £20+) for £0.00 each

Which strain would be best for such area? What pot size gallon would be
    recommended if I only want them to grow up to 2 feet to 3 feet? :confused:

2. #2 buddogmutt, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    2....if you LST...one if you just grow it...any indica strain would be best...then again, if you LST(properly) strain wont matter...good luck

3. I am flowering 5 plants in my closet which is 2' by 2' and I'm using 5 gallon buckets. I have one in a 3 gallon because it was a small plant so gave it a smaller pot. Do you have your lights? Which kind are you using?

4. so you have 4-5gal buckets and 1-3gal and flowering in a 2x2sqft closet...i wanna see a pic of that...i dont see how...but ive been wrong b4...lol..not tring to offend..just dont see how

5. Well the Sour Diesels I split down the middle with a piece of plastic and is actually water proof from one side to the other and was a bit of an experiment to see if the depth of the 5 gallon bucket with only 2.5 gallons of soil per plant would work. Worked great! The thought behind it was plants root down and then outwards and I noticed most of my plants rooted down and not as much outward. I trained them to grow away from each other a little and they look great. Harvesting tonight and hoping for a couple ounces :) I will be switching to only 4 5 gallon buckets after these Sour Diesels finish up. Sorry I should have been more clear about that. You should be able to work four 5 gallon buckets in there

6. O and the link is in my signature. The closet grow

7. lol...okay got ya...good luck with that harvest

8. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']lol...okay got ya...good luck with that harvest[/quote]

Are those your plants in those pictures?

9. #9 naturesforce, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011

not mine but fuckin immense arent they?

10. Lights? Well, I ordered a 250 Watt MH/HPS from ebay and should be getting
    it by next week hopefully. How did you fit 5 plants in a 2' by 2'? My 2' by 2' area
    looks like it only fit 4 bucket of the 5 gallon bucket. I may be wrong tho.

11. [quote name='"naturesforce"']
    yep they are......fuckin immense arent they?[/quote]

Dude.... just ridiculous! Amazing plants bro. How many are in the second picture?

12. [quote name='"Junior5"']

Lights? Well, I ordered a 250 Watt MH/HPS from ebay and should be getting
    it by next week hopefully. How did you fit 5 plants in a 2' by 2'? My 2' by 2' area
    looks like it only fit 4 bucket of the 5 gallon bucket. I may be wrong tho.[/quote]

I split one and put two plants in it. With a little LST, it works really well

13. thats me he's talkin to i believe...and its 10 in the pic...posting more 2nite...in a week they've grown soooo much

14. ok 6 yr post no chance can you fit 5 5gallon bucket in a 2feet by2 feet square unless there 3feet tall and skinny as shit ,think u av your measurements wrong find it hard using 2 11 litre square pots