how many plants for a 4x4 scrog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Promethean, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I plant to veg for 2 months, in 5 gal containers, coco w/perlite airpots, with 600 watt blockbuster

how many plants can a scrogged plant like that fit in a 4x4 tent?
    guessing somewhere between 2 to 6.

2. scrog screen I would imagine would be as close to 4x4 as possible

3. Kinda depends a little on your strain. With a sativa dominate plant u will
    Be tying that sucker down every other day during flowering.
    One of two super silvers will fill it up with two months of veg.
    On the other hand it might take 3 or 4 afghan plants. This also depends on
    How much light they get too and your ability to maximize growth potential.

4. I got 4by4 tent and I fit 8 3gal pot in a 2by4 screen but how fast it fills up depends on how far from the plants the screen is and the strain u grow ....

5. 8 week veg in a 4x4 tent w/ 600 watts?

maybe 2 plants. 3 tops.

6. #6 obsstar, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    1, in a 5 or 7 gal, 4 weeks veg (hydro of course, add more time for dirt), harvest 1.5 lbs

7. I got 2 afghan on week 3 veg and I bet they will fill a 4X4 easy by the time
    they're grown. But I got a green thumb and 600W with CO2 also.

8. I think about scrog all the time. But then I think about how hard it is. You have to be able to move the plants around and shit which you can't. If I do a scrog its gonna be one individual plant insed a metal cage and attach the cage at four corners on the bucket. The only thing growing on the outside will be buds ill leave an opening to clean everything out on the inside. I bought the wire fence shit just in case

9. And you have to make sore you can evenly water them all. The ones in the back corner are gonna be all busters unless its on wheels and able to spin the whole group of plants. If you had four you could put em I too of a pie e of sheet wood put wheels on it and spin it

10. seems oddly enough 4 and 6 are the most popular, I recognize the point and it depends on the strain.
    Also how much do you guys usually yield with 2 plants scrogged under a 600 watt for two months?

11. I can water them evenly, the tent I'm looking at has windows.
    Also using pvc I can elevate the plants 6inches up and put a tray underneath it.

I'm leaning more towards 4. How much on average do you usually yield from a 2 month veg with scrog?

12. I thought the whole point of scrog was to try to maximize grow potential.

13. 4 plants max anymore and they will be growing out of the screen to much imo

14. What's your point ?

15. that is my point =P, to try to maximize growing potential that is =D

16. in a 8 week veg?

17. anyone that tried a coco, 8 week veg and a 600 watt with scrog before?