How many plants can I grow under one 400 watt HPS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Oddish, Nov 2, 2008.

1. I only have one 400 watt HPS light. How many plants can I grow under just one of these lights? Thanks in advance.

2. 3-4 seedplants, more if they are clones(8-12 clones in small containers) SOG style.

3. Cool. And how big of a container would I need for each seedplant if I wanted to keep them in the same container from seed to harvest?

4. i start out in 2 gallon grow bags and when i flower i switch to 5 gallon buckets

5. Would it be bad to just start a seedling in a 5 gallon bucket? How does it help to start in a 2 gallon bag and then switch to a 5 gallon bucket?

6. Its much better to starting out with a small 3 inch pot and work your way up. This allows the roots to develop more fully in each pot thus allowing the palnt to take in more nutrients and that will in turn give you bigger yields. it also helps with watering and allows the soil to dry out quicker.

7. Could you grow more if you had the 400w HPS and some CFLs? I'm thinking of setting my cab up at about 3 X 3 X 5. Could I add a few CFLs and be able to grow a couple more plants? If so, how many and what type?