How many plants can i grow under my cfls ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 45ManMann, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Okay so I have 4 cool white cfl's and they are 23-watts & 5000k each for veg.........

For flower I have 4 warm white cfl's which are 23-watts & 3500k each........

Is all that good to grow 3 plants ?

2. No with them 1 plant might br tp much even. Thats not a lot of light

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I made this same mistake pretty recently. They will grow, but they will be stretched out very badly and have small leaf development. Avoid a fiasco and stay small for now.

4. Thats not even 200w. You could maybe do 2 plants. 12/12 from seed

5. I beg to differ. If you can keep the lights close and do a little creative tying down, you can do two plants and get a decent harvest out of them. A half z per plant of nice stuff is very possible. A PC tower or something similar has enough rom for such a grow. One plant per four bulbs is better for sure but you can do two. Also, if you have the room, try and get some slightly higher wattage bulbs. Like 30 watt or 32 watt. The extra lumens will work in your favor.

6. 23 watts is equivalent to 100 watts

7. 23 watts is equivalent to 100 watts

8. Its only putting out 23 w. Its equivalent to a 100 w incadesent bulb but only putting out 23 w. So with 4 bulbs u got 92w total

9. Do more studying dude on growing

10. This is exactly correct. When using CFL bulbs, only the actual wattage (23 watts) is used when determining how much wattage you're using. The equivalent means nothing to growers.

11. So should I use cool white for flower & veg since its more lumens ?

12. 1 small plant, 12/12 from seed. 6500K is best for veg and 2700K for flower but if you cant get them get as close to it as you can.

13. I only have 4 cfl's that are 5000k each & 4 cfl's that are 3500k....

14. i know im just saying. if you could return them and get diff. ones then do it but if you are stuck with them then they will work but are sub par. I really disliked the growth I got with 5000Ks and I definitely had enough watts.

15. I'm stuck with them...how many 5000k CFLs did you have & how many plants ?

Sent from my C5170 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. 2 plants, only used them to get them established to go outside. Had over 200 at the end, I just kept adding more lights and more lights and was still unimpressed. After talking to someone who is very knowledgeable he agreed that it was probably the 5000K. But dont let that discourage you. What didnt work for me you might like, you never know.

17. Oh , should I flush my plant if I have nutes burn....I never flushed my plant before....I'm not using and nutes bottles......just nutes from the soil

18. pics? what kind of soil is it?

19. #19 45ManMann, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    image.jpg

20. I might just throw it a way because I think it's dying