How many plants can I fit in my closet?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by thekloklo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Hey, I'm thinking about starting a little growing operation in my closet, and I was wondering how many plants you think I could fit. The dimensions are 29.5''wide, 15''long and 6' high. Thanks :):)

2. #2 dsmreaper, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    First answer this, what kind of lights are you going to use, for quality bud growth no less than 100 watts per plant, Also with that height, and limited size in the other two axis planes, you might be better using one plant and implementing lst or other training methods(not all of them at once though) You could use a 400 watt hps/mh as the main "sun" with some cfls or other low heat lights to help at the south end of the plant when it gets taller. With the exception of burning the plant I'm pretty sure you can never have enough light as long as its the right wavelength.

3. Because of my budget, I'm going to use CFL's.

4. With cfls in that space, you could do maybe a couple plants, but nothing huge, you would be somewhat limited with plant height unless you get one or two of the big hid sized cfls with a reflector. If you used smaller cfls, the house hold style, Id imagine to maximize the height of that space you would need enough cfls and sockets in there it would be more affordable power consumption wise just to get a digital hid setup. imo.

5. Mk, thanks for the help :)

6. I think it would be more efficient for you to have a multi shelf set up. With three shelfs you chould have a SOG set up with like at least 8 plants per shelf going 12/12 from seed you could spread out each shelfs' start dates to harvest bud all the time and keep a constant cycle going.