Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of these 'marijuana problem symptoms' apply to you? Honestly

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010.

1. #61 Mr Stoned, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010

That's cool man. If I thought I could blaze for 30+ years and turn out like you then I wouldn't be so concerned about my consumption at all. By that I mean, you're clearly intelligent, open minded man who hasn't let his marijuana use dictate his life or cause any significant problems. I don't think I could be 'successful' if I was blazing everyday, or even most days. I've managed to keep things on track until now, but I don't know how longer I can balance it. It's a real enigma, when I'm stoned I can think of many reasons why I should quit. But when I'm sober I can think of an equal amount of reasons as to why I should smoke. I recently took 6 days off it and by the end I was getting really irritable, depressed and anxious. I know those withdrawals only last for 2-3 weeks and then subside, but I decided if I was to put myself through that then I would quit for good, which is something I'm not ready to do just yet. I've instead changed my smoking pattern to a reward system to help me complete my 14,000 word assignment. If I get a substancial amount of work done in the day then I can smoke at night. If I want to procrastinate on facebook, then I'll have to do it sober.

2. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? no
    2. Do you ever get high alone? yes
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? yes
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use? yes
    5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems? no
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? no
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? no
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? yes
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? yes
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more? yes
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? yes
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” no

3. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Hell no.

2. Do you ever get high alone?
    yeah

3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
    yeah i never want to NOT smoke with the exception of a T Break, its opened my eyes to a world I never saw, hiding right behind the curtains, and now its mine for the taking.

4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use
    No

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
    Besides Death/Debt/World Destruction? no.

6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?
    Sometimes.

7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
    No

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
    I never tried to limit my smoking.

9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?
    Nothing that wouldn't have happened from drinking fifth of Evan Williams every weekend.

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
    Only if i half to resort to getting shmids.

11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
    only if im with friends and we wanna have a burn sesh and contemplate.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
    never.

So like 4?

4. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?

Nope, Still love it as long as its good bud. I find it a lot more 'realxing' than 'exciting' now, but thats to be expected.

Very rarely. I live with my parents who don't let me smoke in the house (which is fair enough), and most of the time when I'm out the house I'm with my friends, alot of them smoke. Occasionally I'll leave the house and have a spliff on my way to wherever I'm going.

Yes, I think I would be alot more close minded on certain subjects, and probably be a bit more aggressive as a person.

I don't really understand this question, determined in what way?

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?

No.

I would'nt say so, Although when I'm in a bad mood a joint definitely makes a difference.

No, I smoke alot with friends, play xbox, chill. It doesn't really change what I do on an average night.

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?

Nah, I've never really tried to cut down. If I have £20 to spare I'll get £20 bag. If I have no money to spare I won't buy. Simple.

Memory; Yes. My memory was pretty terrible to begin with aswell.
    Concentration; Don't think so.
    Motivation; In some aspects. My motivation towards school was already rapidly declining when I started toking, so its hard to judge if weed has accelerated that decline. but motivation towards hobbies hasn't changed.

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?

Not really. Puts me in a sorta bad mood for the next day or so though, not so much a bad mood, more I just cant be fucked with anything for a day.

No, It has definitely affected my life though.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?

My ex. None of my friends (smokers or non smokers) or relatives have ever complained though.

5. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Nope

often--right now actually

Yes, It really helps me mellow out and calm down

No, but most of my close friends toke.

Sometimes.

Sometimes.

No

No

short term memory sucks

yes

no

no

6. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? - No, I doubt it ever will.

2. Do you ever get high alone? - Of course. Is there something wrong with this?

3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? - Yep, she's my lover.

4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use - Absolutely not. I have friends who smoke and those who don't, makes no difference to me.

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems? - Nope.

6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? - Yes, I smoke when I'm stressed / angry to help myself calm down.

7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? - Ehh, doesn't really change what I do whether or not I smoke.

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? - No, if I need to cut back and get shit done then that's what I do.

9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? - Memory: Yes, when I'm high. Concentration: Yes, when I'm high. Motivation: Yes, but I only get more motivated when I smoke...weird, eh?

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more? - Anxious and excited maybe, not worried.

11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? - Nope.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them? - Nope, none of my family knows because I keep it private.

7. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    No and if it did while would i still smoke it haha?
    Daily.
    Yes.
    I dont even no what this is supposed to mean.
    On occasion but thats not why i use it mainly.
    No because i still acknowledge my feels when im high.
    No.
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope
    smoking?
    No.
    Yes.
    haha ironically its empty right now but its not that big of a deal.
    Sort of not really.
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship
    with them?”
    Never.

8. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?

No

Almost all of the times I smoke it's alone

Yes, when I thought I wouldn't be smoking for a while I was getting worried about the changes that were to come in my life in the following weeks.

No, I prefer to smoke alone but if I come across another seasoned toker it's always nice to toke with them.

No, I use it to help me deal with them and gain a new perspective on problems.

If I am angry I do, other than that not really. The many times I've tried to stop smoking cigarettes I've smoked weed to help not get so irritated.

Somewhat

Yes, mainly to others due to them forcing me, if I wanted to for some odd reason I would be able to have control.

Some slight memory problems but hardly noticeable

No, my stash is never very large anymore (.5g - 3.5g) since I'm slowing down.

No, unless it's a special occasion

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”

Yes, my parents disapprove of me smoking weed and get infuriated when I smoke in the house.

9. Started smoking in Feb. 2009 when I was 17. I smoke basically every day now.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    the only time it wasn't fun was when i smoked while I was sick, I wasn't able to enjoy the high. But other than that, never.

I prefer to get high alone but don't mind smoking with my friends whenever.

Yes, just because now I know what I would be missing.

The majority of my current friends smoke but that isn't determined by my use. I just find that people who do smoke are more chill and therefore I want those kinds of people as my friends.

No, whether I smoke or not, the problem is still gonna be there. However, smoking sometimes helps me work my way through the thought process of a problem and make it easier to answer.

If something happens to put me in a really bad mood then I would smoke, yes.

I don't have any idea what this is asking and don't want to try to think of it lol

No. I haven't made any promises to anyone else, just to myself that I would take a t-break (which I did).

Some memory problems but nothing important. And it helps me to be motivated to do things.

I guess sometimes anxious but never worried, if for some reason it ended up taking a few days to get it that would be fine. But one of my best friends is a dealer so he told me if I'm ever dry and need something to smoke he would give me some for free.

No, I plan my life and then my marijuana use falls in where it's convinient.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” \t\t
    People said I seem a lot more relaxed and happy since I started smoking and my mother has no problems with my smoking.

10. Been smoking almost 10 yrs, everyday, 3-4 times a day.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    It's not the same as when I started, but it's still fun. I use for med reasons not just to have fun.

Yes, of course

Yes.

No I don't think so, but I don't really know what my friends think.

No, not usually.

Sort of. I use it to help with my depressing, anxiety and other problems, them are feelings, so I guess so.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Uh, yea. I've told people I was going to quit to find a better job and didn't. But I've never promised anyone I would. I was on probation for a year once though, and I didn't smoke the entire time.

Yes. But with my depression, before I started smoking I wasn't really motivated to do anything anyways.

Yes.

No.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”
    No. If anything my friends got bummed out that I cut back on my smoking.

11. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Stoped being fun? hell no... but I must admit, my highs were way better at first ( its probably only tolerence tho)

Yeah, I enjoy getting high alone as much as getting high while with people

Not at all, I stoped smoking for over a year and nothing changed

No, in fact I don't have that many friends that smoke on a daily basis

Nop

Nop

I don't know what that means lol

Well, in order to keep a friendship with a very close friend I stoped smoking weed completly (started again when the friendship was over p.s. I didnt end the friendship for weed) I don't know if thats a yes or no lol

I must admit it probably caused me some motivation problems... but I even did before weed so...

I call my dealer to get some more but if hes dry I don't mind and wait until he has some. So yes and no

Nop

As stated above, I had to stop for a friend but it's not because pot changed me or anything, that friend was just against any drug use.

12. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    --only when i was buying ounces at a time for myself and i was smoking 10+ times a day of the same weed it got kind of boring...but i still found stuff to do to have fun

--yes, when i blaze alone i think a lot about philosophy and become more creative, also i crave knowledge when im bored and high. but sometimes i save weed just to blaze with friends because its a different experiance

--in a way yes..its helped me so much with my social anxiety and depression that i dont think i will ever quit it forever.

--all my friends smoke lol.

--not so much to avoid the problem, but if the problem is really stressful i might toke up to calm myself and take a breather and re-evaluate the situation

--yes, im sure a lot of people do...when im sad or angry, marijuana calms me down or help me to take my mind of whats bothering me..but i dont toke everyday so i can deal with my feelings without it.

--honestly yes, ive told my rents ive stopped so i could find a job, and i did...but then someone comes along with a blunt and damn...i just cant turn down a fatass blunt of fresh headies..

--of course my memory is affected..but its nothing serious. more like oh shit wheres my lighter or my car keys. as for concentration i feel its easier to concentrate while high because i can tune out all the other bullshit and focus without any anxiety/

--not at all...i only smoke maybe about 2-4 times a week and if its gone...oh well its gone. its all about self control, its not crack for gods sake.

--no not at all...using marijuana for me is just a hobby-enhancer if you will, that or for its medicinal benefits.

--yes, my grandparents think im turning out like my parents because i smoke..but i dont fight with them about it or bake out the house. im respectful to them and id prefer they didnt know when im high.:smoking:

13. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    hells no

yes, but only to self medicate, or if i'm going to the grocery store or something like that, i love doing every day things high

Yep, since it has almost no negative effects on my daily life

No, i was friends with them before we all smoked anyways

No, but when there is a problem getting stoned helps me figure out how to solve it

On occasion, after a bad break up, a blunt to the face always helps :smoking:

lol i dont think anyone knows what this means

Yeah, but the only time that i cut down is on a T break, but since theres literally nothing to do in my town, i usually end up blazing still, just a lott less.

Sometimes when i'm stoned I space out and forget stuff, but that's it

Since i can with a phonecall or text, no

Definitely not

Not in the least

14. daily for 1 year

yes to all of them

15. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Negative
    Mostly at nights I'll hit the bong if I have any left over
    I plan on smoking my whole life as long as it doesnt interfere with more important things.
    Depends, I have my friends that are in the circle of trust(with is really hard to find trustworthy people these days)and my friends that I only hang with when we smoke.
    ofcoarse
    "Real men hide their feelings, Why? BECAUSE ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS"
    lol no.
    No because I understand moderation.
    Heres the thing, Marijuana doesn't kill your motivation its kills your motivation to do something that fucking sucks. Me and my buds are always down to kill the typical stoner stereotype and were always out doing something when we smoke. and if anyhting weed helps you concentrate MORE.
    It is what it is I'll get more when I get it I'm not a fiend.

No.
    No.
    \t\t

16. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?

No.

Yes

Yes

4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?

No

No

Yes.

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

17. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    No it has not

Not really anymore now that I have a room mate

It really is, it's changed my life and helped me with some problems I was facing when I started. I can't imagine how I would be without it.

No.

Sure do.

Yep

Yep.

I have never smoked dope, but the only time I promised someone I would cut down on my marijuana smoking was to my parents when I was 15.

Yes, it has helped. When I'm high in school I could pass any test.

No. I know I can go get more anytime I want.

Sometimes I'll be like "Okay we'll get high then go to the movies" or something like that. It doesn't control my life.

Yes this one girl I fell in love with who was close minded.

I don't see any of these as problems. :rolleyes:

18. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    No, but tolerance is a bitch
    Of course I get high alone. I just find that when Im with other people I notice being more faded, 'like wow I must have sounded baked when I just said that', and being with friends is more chill anyways.
    Nope, I can forsee a day where I quit marijuana.
    Most of my friends toke and are supportive of my marijuana use.
    No
    Yes, if dealing with a stressful situation im usually thinking 'damn i could really use a bong rip right now'
    Marijuana..no...LSD....maybe....:)
    t-breaks are annoying, usually because you know you are going to start again. If im going to quit, its going to be 100% forever, and cold turkey.
    I hardly remember my birthday I was so high, sometimes I think thats cool and others I think its sad... cause I really cant remember. (smoked 32 grams on my birthday)
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more? Meh, depends.. I can usually always get pot.
    I used too, i realized that planning your life around one thing leads nowhere (especially bud)
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” My dad dissaproves of my marijuana use, mainly because he comes from an area where 'Hashish,' can contain a number of other narcotics and adulterants besides THC. I try and explain that medicinally grown marijuana is not the same as Hash being smuggled across middle eastern borders.

19. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Nah

Sometimes, not as much as with friends though

No

Kinda

Nah

No, but that doesn't mean it doesn't help me deal with stress and so on

Uh nah

No

Not to any significant degree

No, when it's gone it's gone, until I next want and can afford some more.

Not my whole life, but my free time sure

No

20. I'm 19 now, been smoking regularly since about 13ish. here goooes

1. no, smoking is always fun.
    2. I enjoy getting high alone and working with my plant set up, playing video games, or walking my dog.
    3. Hard to imagine yes, glad i dont have to worry about it haha
    4. No, most of them I know through discing or playing ball.
    5. definitely not. I smoke to relax
    6. no
    7. not quite sure what this means, I live in the same world as u buddy :smoking:
    8. Never had to stop.
    9. no
    10. depends on what I've got planned, if there is a concert coming up then I tend to lol
    11. not really, I grow it so that I dont need to worry about tit
    12/ no, my family smokes lol

that was fun, didnt really get me thinking though