Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of these 'marijuana problem symptoms' apply to you? Honestly

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010.

1. #1 Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    It's hard to be totally honest with oneself about their use of a substance. When it comes to something as soft and subtle as MJ it's easy to deny that it's causing any problems. Close minded people who haven't been smoking regularly for a long time will insist that weed is not addictive in any kind of way, even psychologically. Long term users know that this is a foolish perspective on things. So, being completely honest with yourself. State how long you've smoked weed, how often you smoke and how many apply to you.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    2. Do you ever get high alone?
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use
    5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”

2. #2 Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    I'm 19, been smoking since I was 15, pretty much everyday for the last 2 and a half and very regularly before that.

No, it's not as good as it used to be but I still love getting high.

Yes

Yes

No. I have close friends and people I smoke pot with. There's a definite difference. One of my closest friends who I've been boys with all my life doesn't smoke weed at all. But having said that, the large majority of my friends smoke weed to some degree.

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
    Yes, I have anger problems and have a hard time keeping cool when facing difficult situations if I have gone longer than a few days without smoking weed.

Yes, my thoughts are pesimistic and my self esteem is low. Even though I have a lot of prospect and a potentially bright future, I feel bleak and hopeless.

No. But it definitely takes the edge off life, without weed the world seems very dark indeed.

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
    Yes. There have been two recent occasions where I have tried to go a month without, but both times have failed to last longer than a week.

Yes. My ambitions over the years have been somewhat dimished. My short term memory has definitely been affected, but if I try hard to focus then my long term recollection isn't so bad.

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
    No. I have many connects and am never unable to score weed if I really want to. Recently I have been cutting down and aside from the difficulty sleeping and general boredom, it's not so bad.

No. Though up until recently the answer was definitely yes.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”
    Yes. My pot smoking has caused severe difficulties with my Dad. He hates it how dependant I am on it to keep a positive mind frame. Without it, even though I am a lot more productive and get a lot more done, I am generally melancholy and don't have the silly happy carefree attitude I do when I am smoking.

3. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?

No.

Nearly always.

Yes.

4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No, it never is though.

No.

No.

4. #4 deadtrend6, May 11, 2010
    sorry man some people just have no control over their habit.

only 2 applies to me and its genraly because it helps me to focus on homework ect.

no matter how many threads are started saying "its not perfect im addicted"

im gonna say its because the person has no control

im gonna honestly say my life has changed for the better by introducing mj.

its all about willpower.

im about to start college

i am the chapter leader for people united for medical marijuana in my area.

my friends and family know about the truth.

i know how to not over do it.

but i guess some people just arent mature and cant handle it ;)
    (you dont need to "smoke weed err-day, dont give a fuck")
    its all about responsable use
    (5 year smoker)

5. Been smoking pretty regularly for a few years, have been smoking everyday for almost a year.

No not at all.
    Yeah but I smoke with friends a lot more.
    Nope.
    Yes because chances are if we don't have tree, we aren't hanging out.
    No.
    Sometimes.
    Sometimes.
    Yeah.
    Memory yes, it helps me concentrate, and it has motivated me to go to school and make more friends and actually live life.
    No I'm just like damn that sucks..
    Sometimes, yes.
    No lol...:rolleyes:

6. None of those apply to me and never have.

EDIT: Actually one of them does. I do get high alone sometimes, but that's hardly a 'problem symptom' :rolleyes:

7. #7 ZEROorDIE, May 11, 2010
    no but i dont do it strictly because its fun

often

somewhat, but i take t-breaks when necessary

no but the ones who smoke seem to be there the longest

?5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?
    no, to solve them

sometimes for depression and anxiety

saywhat?!

haha yes

memory yes, motivation and concentration no

only if its been more than an hour lol

wake up get high, start doin shit get high. so no i just smoke whenever possible

only becasue i live in a state where its illegal so they were upset over legal issues

that list is kinda fucked up though because anyone with a MMJ card is going to answer yes to at least half of those

8. #8 Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010

Don't judge me. To the naked eye I seem quite successful. I have always achieved high grades, have a lot of friends and am pretty athletic. But I've come to accept that weed, as much as I love it, is holding me back from achieving things that really matter. However, as much as that is the case I am also struggling to come to terms with the fact that weed keeps me medicated from things that could cause me horrific problems. Also, physical achievement like getting a high paying job or a nice car doesn't necesarrily long term happiness, whereas smoking weed generally does. I know quitting won't instantly make life better, nor will it solve many problems for me automatically. Don't try and say the person has 'no control,' it runs deeper than that. Weed masks all the problems in life, but as soon as you stop taking it they just come back. Could you honestly you'd have an easy time quitting weed and that your life would be as good without it? Because if you can't, you should jump off your high horse and stop being a judgmental hypocrite.

9. How much and often do you smoke?

10. That depends. I use it as medicine (osteoarthritis) as well as recreation. Over the 30+ years it's varied widely. At one point in my youth I smoked far more than I do now. These days it can vary from under a gram to over an eighth on any given day. Most of the time I smoke with my wife or friends. On Sunday's I wake and bake usually. Most days I take care of business first unless I'm having bad pain.

My point is that it's not a problem. It's never caused me any difficulties or issues. I've had successful careers, I'm happily married, raised a wonderful child to adulthood, and have all around been quite successful at life.

It's never caused me to lose motivation. I've never had health issues from it (my last checkup I scored 110% on a lung function test). I've never let it be the center of my life, even when I was doing heavy duty mass production grows. It's just a part of my life and has been for a long time.

I never did understand people who use drugs to 'escape'. It doesn't make any problems any better. I prefer to tackle life's problems head on the old fashioned way, not run away from them.

11. #11 deadtrend6, May 11, 2010

im sorry I apoligize
    i wasnt aiming this at you im just sick of threads where thier are people blameing their problems on weed.

and as for quiting i recently quit no problem to open my p.u.f.m.m. chapter.

so yes it was easy for me and my girlfriend to quit :)

cause as you know florida has the toughest crimes and actually doing something about prohibition makes me a big target for raiding.

if you use it to mask problems thats youre thing man(or anyones elses).but truthfully i do think anyone blameing problems on a plant is immature.

sorry no dice.;)

(im not trying to attack you just saying.)
    (and as for medication i would prefer if givin the option to use marijuana over any of the prescription poisen these companies create so i agree their)

12. #12 Sam87, May 11, 2010
    1. Never
    2. Of course.
    3. Yes, I can. It's pretty bleak.
    4. No, however, I tend to be close to people I blaze with. I don't drink either, so that's kind of puts a damper on hanging out with "normal people".
    5. No, I smoke Cannabis while avoiding my problems on my own, haha. Seriously, if something is a problem, you deal with it.
    6. No, excepting when I'm angry. Cannabis calms you down wonderfully.
    7. I wish it did.
    8. Nope. I don't make stupid promises.
    9. When I'm very high, yes, obviously it does. Not at baseline.
    10. My stash doesen't often do that. And when it does, I call up a good grower, and buy some more.
    11. Nope.
    12. Nope.

13. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? no
    2. Do you ever get high alone? yes, all the time.
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? yes.
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use...def not
    ?5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems? nope
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? sometimes
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? no
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? yes, i have failed sometimes.
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? some short term memory problems
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more? no, i always get more before it's gone.
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? no. not at all.
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” not at all.

14. I like what you got going here my dude, you are diagnosing yourself and trying to figure out what works for you an what doesn't. You are troubleshooting in your own life. That is the key to a successful person in my mind, Keep the things in your life that work and ix the things in your life that don't in order to increase your chance for success.

If you wouldn't mind answering this question, I would like to hear the answer as well. I'm 20 years old. I have smoked for probably about 6 years. I know more about tree than squirrel. I love weed, but finding "the right place" in my life for it, is sometimes difficult. You seem to have some success with incorporating it into a fairly successful (normal) life. (I've read the story you wrote in w/e section it was, enjoyed it thoroughly) I am hoping your answer to the above question (should you choose to give it, may shed some light on appropriation). If you don't feel like addressing it though, no sweat. :wave:

15. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Never, I've always enjoyed it
    Yes
    Kind of, Ive lived without it, and I go without it from time to time, but I would definitely not be happy if I had to live the rest of my life without it (been about 2 weeks since I last toked up...its about time to resume haha)
    Not at all, many of my friends actually condemn it
    ?5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?
    not to avoid them, MAYBE to cope with them
    sometimes, less than half the time
    In a way...but not really, I dont limit myself to living in one world or another....I try to be as versatile and live in as many worlds as possible, though when I smoke alone, I end up in my own privately defined one
    never made too many promises, but I dont let it interfere with the rest of my life
    maybe with memory while I'm high...but it helps me concentrate in a way (I'm ADD) so if anything, it has helped me...doesnt affect my motivation
    nope, I usually know where to find it :D And its no big deal if I cant
    no, the two coexist and sometimes are intertwined, neither revolves around the other
    not really, I've had friends who majorly disagree with the concept of blazing, but I just stay sober around them, or play off being high ;)...It has never been a problem so far as I can tell

16. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    No

Yes

No, It would just be less enjoyable.

No, my best friend who is like a brother to me does not use the herb.

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?
    Avoiding problems isn't really dealing with them, no.

Yes, it does help when I feel depressed.

No

No, my amount of usage slowly increased for the first 5 years I started using the herb and it hasn't changed hasn't changed at all within the past for over 5 years...Probably because I learned to budget my usage...

Yes, memory and all that jazz comes back if I take a break and all is well.

A little, only because it is my way of unwinding after work and with no stress relief I never feel fully relaxed till its time for bed. If it runs completely out I just have a few drinks instead.

No, that's pretty ridiculous.

No, I act the same either way with the exception that I am more happy and enjoyable to be around when I'm high...not a single complaint...

17. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Nope, never will.
    Three times so far.
    Yepp.
    Nah
    No, tried that before after a long week, doesn't help at all
    Nope
    Nope
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling
    your dope smoking?
    Yes, my brother freaked on me because I was smoking like once a week. I told him I would stop cept I didn't. Since I started, all my grades have gone up, I've gotten a job, and I'm doing well.
    Memory a bit.
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to
    get more?
    Nope.
    Nope
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
    Nope

18. Different amounts work for different people if you are scared you aresmokinh too much cut back or stop you dontneed to ask people how muchthey smoke to make it ok just smoke when you want to and keep your priorities straight some weeks I barely smoke an eighth and other I can smoke a half o just use your head keep your nose clean and do important shot first and everything will follow

19. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? no 2. Do you ever get high alone? yes 3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? no 4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use? no 5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?sometimes 6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? sometimes 7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? no 8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? no 9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? yes 10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?worried 11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? idk 12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” no

20. 2. Do you ever get high alone?

These are the only ones I answered 'yes' to. I'm not 100% clear what the last one (7) means, but if it means that I'm living life to my own standards and not those set by other people - hell yes. But then again, that's not just due to marijuana use.