Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of these 'marijuana problem symptoms' apply to you? Honestly

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr Stoned, May 11, 2010.

1. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Hell no!

2. Do you ever get high alone?
    If I'm really stressed I do, mostly with my friends.

3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
    Not really. I love life.

4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use
    Not sure what this means, but either way no.

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems?
    Not really, as I said if i'm stressed out smoking makes me forget about it but I don't hide from my problems with it. It's like taking a time out and returning to sobriety more determined.

6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?
    Nah

7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world
    No

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
    No the most I've ever smoked is about twice a day for a week. And if you stretched all my MJ use over the two year span I've used it it would come to no more than once a month overall.

9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?
    Definitely not, my life has reached its peak of motivation right now. I'm determined to do what I want to do.

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
    Nah

11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
    Nope

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”
    Nope

2. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    -HELL NO MOTHA FUCKA. although i dont get that same high that i did when i was a rookie smoker. but its still fun

-yes i smoke a blunt in my backyard almost everynight, no matter how many i smoke before i get home for the night.

-i dont know if id say hard to imagine, but it would sure suck to not have it

- no my best friend and i smoke blunts everyday but we also hang out without smoking, and a lot of my close friends dont smoke at all

5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
    -No but if am having a problem and am just not in a good place ill smoke up to help me feel a bit better but not to avoid them

- no but if im something is going on in my life and im not that happy, you better believe im breaking out that green to make me feel better why the fuck not

7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
    -no i guess thatd be kinda cool though

8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
    - every single time

- short term memory but thats it

10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
    - 1. please i have more connects than half the people on grasscity have friends

- haha no not if i have things to do such as school or work. but if its neither of those 2 things and i have nothing i have to get done of uber importance than yes i do and i am not ashamed to say it.

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”
    - lol no if they did id tell him to shut the fuck up and come burn with me :)

3. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    no
    yes, a lot, and I dont think theres anything wrong with it
    yeah, and theres no reason it shouldnt be, is it hard to imagine a life without weight lifting if youre a lifter, running if youre a runner, math if youre a math nerd? Its a part of your life if its one of your hobbies, of course it will be hard
    no, I have smoker and non smoker friends cuz im a genius that basically hangs around goons when Im not in class
    "..."? lol what? no not really, unless you mean the insomnia, and headaches that often bother me as problems. I dont have to deal with em cuz weed gets rid of them
    naw
    what the fuck? like an imaginary world? no, I wish it was that good
    no, I never made any promise to haha
    yeah, im not gonna lie, but it doesnt have an effect on my life really, doesnt seem to manifest itself. I still work, save lots of money, and rank in the 99.9___th percentile as far as essentially any tests or shit i take. Im not too worried
    haha NOPE. I can get it within 10 minutes, and I always cop more before I run out
    Somewhat, because thats what responsible people would do. I do my schoolwork at different times now so I can smoke without it interfering. Terrible huh?
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
    Like everyday. Its not my fault their idiots and dont understand it doesnt hurt me. Wait, i thought it said damaging myself, relationships... no. Im good there, matter of fact I just smashed a new chick I met because mary introduced me to her

4. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? NO!
    2. Do you ever get high alone? often
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? yes
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use? no
    5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your pr...oblems? who doesn't?
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? no, but it does release stress.
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? not really.
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? all the time but only cuz i love getting high, I don't lie about it.
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? if so, minimally.
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more? yeah
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? no, i live a normal life, just high.
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” not yet.

5. ok now idk if this is jsut me cause im really blazed, but i think this guy is fake. like a computer or something that signs onto grasscity and trrys to get users to think they have a problem, and idk seek help or just think worse about weed. idk if its the government or what.
    anyway, my reasoning for this is in numbers 2, and 5. Actually firstly all of the questions seem to be worded by a computer, although it is possible someone could write them like that, although unlikely.
    Anyway number 2..if this guy really has over 700 posts he should know that smoking alone is perfectly fine and normal and acceptable. everyone does it, and im sure someone who posts sa much as him smokes a decent amount, so he must know you can smoke alone.
    Then in question 5. That typo towards the end, where he typed "pr...oblems" that seems like a error made by a computer purposly to try to convince people that he is human and makes error. And also he had to make a non subtle, noticable, one like that so that the reader would easily catch it and notice it. but really, noone adds 3 extra "..." when tying inbettwen words.

is this possible or am i way too baked. and im always blasting The Other One by greatful dead right now, so its hard to think.:smoking:

6. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Only once, when I had a horrible ear infection and went deaf in 1 ear aside from a high pitched ringing. I then killed myself on a huge rip, and was sitting next to a speaker that was playing some crazy psychedelic music. With the ringing it was kind of like a bad dream lol...

Yes

Not really, but i certainly wouldnt really want to quit completely

I suppose most of my friends smoke, but I met them long before any of us smoked...

I have OCD, and when i smoke weed I don't "have" do my strange ticks, when normally i feel compelled to. its kind of like medicine for me.

What feelings?

No

I don't make promises unless I can keep them.

I definitely have motivation issues, but my memory is still excellent

Yes, but its more from the lack of money than lack of contacts. I figure I can just smoke res until I can get more.

I dont know if i would call these Symptoms. Symptom implies you have some sort of illness or disorder. All i know is it helps me with my OCD, and if less people stare at me in public then its a benefit.

7. i started smoking weed a little over 5 years ago when i was in high school. the first 4 years it was just a weekend/ party drug for me (i don't drink often or partake in other drugs for personal reasons) but since i moved to Cali last year i've been toking almost every day. it started off as a coping mechanism (new state, new school, no friends, no job etc) for loneliness/ depression but i pulled my shit together and now its just something i do to unwind after a hard day at school and or work.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    no, but i have had a few instances when i wished i wasn't high

every night

no, if i had to give it up i wouldn't even look back

no

sometimes. typically its just to unwind at night

at first i did

sometimes

yes

memory/ concentration - long term, no. motivation - sometimes

no, for one my dealer is ALWAYS stocked up, and two i usually take a 3-5 day t break between pickups

not on a day to day basis but i do set one day each month aside for me to get completely blitzed and stay that way all day :smoking:

12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
    nope, most of my relatives know and suspect nothing about my pot usage and most of my friends toke/ are cool with people toking around them. if anyone ever complained about my usage i would immediately stop and look at how its affecting my life.

8. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Nope, still love it

Most of the time

Not really

Nope, I have plenty of friends who have never tried marijuana

Moreso delay dealing with my problems, I decide to get high then procrastinate.

No, I'm a generally happy person, and if I'm in a depressed state I snap out of it pretty quickly.

Nope, I'm completely aware, it just enhances my world, makes stuff way more interesting..

Small promises, like ones I'd make up at the spur of the moment, like taking a T break for a week on a night when I'm really blazed. If I tell anyone I usually stick to it.

Short term memory, but when I'm not high I still feel sharp. Concentration is about the same, maybe better, but then again, the short term memory loss kind of screws that up. I'm unmotivated and lazy when I'm high, when I am motivated it's to do something unproductive.

No, I can usually pick up the next day or so. If I can't, I decide to go on a T break or something.

In some ways, yes

Lolno...

9. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    No, it's plenty of fun. The only times I ever feel like there's a problem is when marijuana interferes with my sleep... which is when I make stupid decisions like playing video games 5 minutes before bedtime or putting off sleep until like 5am. Some strains make me do dumber shit than others. My current one is fuckin lights out tho.

Yes, is this a problem? Normally I smoke with one of my friends (my smoke buddy), but if I'm alone and not tired or in the midst of an anxiety attack then yes I'll toke.

Yeah, it'd suck, but I'd manage. I think after about a week or so I'd be fine. I wouldn't have any issue except for the sleeping.

Hah, the reverse actually. My marijuana use is very much determined by my friends. I have plenty of non-smoking friends, but I also have my smoke buddies. We don't really have too many other activities together and I'd hate to lose them :smoking:

I deal with my problems during the day (I only smoke at night). It helps me deal with my problems.

Oh yeah. There are days that are just a constant wash of anxiety. But this was all there before I started smoking heavily. Marijuana gives me a nice break at night.

Um no. If I'm alone too long (high or not high) I get depressed. I have introverted moments and extroverted moments. Marijuana makes those introverted moments much better, however.

The only one to whom I've ever promised to cut down smoking is myself. And yes I have failed to keep that promise. It's just too damn fun. Still, I keep to my one rule (only at night).

No. Motivation has long been a problem... if anything it gives me inspiration. Haven't had any trouble with schoolwork so I assume the memory is fine.

Yes, if only because my connections are extremely unreliable and no weed = likely ambien night for me.

Somewhat. I don't think this is a bad thing, however. It is a PART of my life, not my whole life. I think it's only prudent to plan for your toking sessions. However, I will never eschew another activity only because I want to smoke weed. Well, except frat parties on weekends. But I think that one is a bit forgivable :)

Not at all. My dad loves the fact that I smoke (if only because I always told him I wouldn't). My mom is somewhat testy, but understands that it helps my insomnia. They are just somewhat wary of the legal issue and are worried I'll get caught. No relationship problems, however. With friends, if anything, it helps to build relationships, so I wouldn't call it a problem.

So... 5 if I'm being generous. In reality it's probably less than that.

10. 1 through 7 yes
    8 through 12 no

11. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Not at all!

All the time. :smoking:

It's not hard to imagine having no weed, I'd just rather have it in my life.

Nuh uh, my best friend doesn't smoke.

I dunno. I smoke to have fun.

Not really.

Hell yeah!

I don't usually make promises about cutting down.

Not that I know of.

Haha sometimes. Only because I don't have my own dealer so I have to ask around which is a hassle.

To an extent.

Only one person but she just says it's "weak" of me to smoke. I've hung out with her plenty of times stoned and she had no idea. :confused_2: I mean...Haters gonna hate.

12. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Nope
    Yea but rarely, even if its only me and one other friend I think its funner even if we are both too high for conversation :smoking:
    Nah, I am currently not using and probably won't for another few months.
    Nope, I have a close group that smoke a lot and a close group that never ever smoke.
    Sometimes I do it to get rid of stress but any problems I have always come to the surface when I blaze, I'm introspective that way. So no, I deal with problems when I am high a lot of the time when I would otherwise not confront them.
    I guess in a way, this is vague though. It helps me get through tough shit from my childhood and other serious problems because I'm not good with doing that stuff sober, but I am getting better at it...
    No?
    DOPE? I don't smoke dope you fuck head I smoke cannabis. And yes I have sadly.
    Nope, I do what needs to get done.
    Nah, I use to just because dealing with my dealer was sketchy as fuck but now with better connects its easy and I never worry as long as I have enough money.
    Kind of...I try to finish most of my work and I like to use it at night so I can sleep well or if I had a bad night's sleep I try to do it in the middle of the day so I can take a nap and wake up in time to finish any work. Is that bad? Sounds smart to me, better than smoking when ever and never getting shit done lol. Do you plan your weekend around alcohol? Dumb fuck.
    No, never. I have been 100% about all my use to my parents and they do not like it but they have never said I am more moody or depressed or lazier than usual.

13. not criticizing, but I don't understand how some of these reasons listed are "problems." what's wrong with blazing alone?

14. 1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
    Not really. Although sometimes it loses appeal after a FULL night of smoking. Sort of drags you out a little.
    Most of the time I get high alone.
    No. I could live without it and find something to occupy my time with. I've gone on long t-breaks before.
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?
    Most of my friends I hang out with don't smoke weed. I don't bring it into their lives, they know I smoke, its just an unspoken topic among us.
    Sometimes.
    Sometimes.
    Sort of. Can't really explain it.
    Yes I have.
    I have a great memory and I feel I concentrate better when high. Motivation? Yes.
    No. I know I have a 'crutch' usually.
    No. Marijuana does not 'control' my life. I only smoke to relax and unwind.
    Surprisingly, No.

15. I am going to post reflecting on how I was when I smoked daily.

It lost some of its appeal but was still better than sober.

Yes

No it wasn't

No

Yes

Yes

Sort of.

Yes

Yes, yes, and yes. These were obvious.

Sometimes.

No

NoIf you feel pot is getting boring or you are addicted/becoming addicted then its simply time for an extended T-break. I took a month.

16. I'm kinda a newby to the ganja, only been tokin for a little less than a year now.

Hell no. In fact I'm actually starting to enjoy it more now.

Nope. I always smoke with atleast one other person, whether its my brother or a friend.

Yes

No. A friend is a friend, if they smoke pot thats just a bonus :)

No. I'd say its more like I smoke to reduce the stress caused by my problems.

Yes

Only when I'm beyond baked, but then again I don't even know who I am at that point

Yes, but to be honest I wasn't really truthful when I told my parents i was quitting anyway.

Only memory, but my short term memory was shit before I started smoking anyway

Nope, just excited about the next pick-up

No

No

17. 24 years.

Six for twelve.

It and I live in an uneasy detente.

Not all the changes it catalyzes are changes for the better.

I try not to go over once a week.

18. Being 110% honest.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun? (nope)
    2. Do you ever get high alone? (yep)
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana? (Everything in my life comes before herb)
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use (No)
    5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems? (Herb..or any drug.. isnt for that)
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings? (Nope)
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world? (Nope)
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking? (No, its not important to me)
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation? (Only while riiiped)
    (It would be at the back of my mind, but you wont see me rushing around to grab)
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use? (No)
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?” (nope)

19. #59 Totah Sam, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    I don't use Cannabis for "fun." I use it as medication.

All the time

No, the pain and anxiety I have without it is quite memorable.

No. Just like my aspirin use doesn't make me friends with Pharmacists.

No I use Cannabis to help WITH my problems.

No I use Cannabis to cope with my anxiety and pain

Sorry, this question makes no sense. I have no idea what you mean.

No. Cannabis isn't addictive. I don't like the pain I have to endure without it.. .but no.

No, as a musician I feel motivated and creative.

Only if I'm in a lot of pain at the time.

Hell no. I have too much shit to do.

90% of them don't even know that I have a Medical Cannabis card. They have no clue I use Cannabis as medication.

These questions seem to be a modified version of the questions you ask to determine Alcoholism. Doesn't quite work with Cannabis.

20. I'm 33 and have been smoking since I was 18. On and off. When I have weed I am pleasantly buzzed during the day and get baked after the kids are in bed.

1. Has smoking pot stopped being fun?Never
    2. Do you ever get high alone?99% of the time. I'm an introvert and a loner, I prefer to do most everything alone.
    3. Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?Nope. I hope it never comes to that, though.
    4. Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?Nope.
    5. Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?No.
    6. Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?No.
    7. Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?Nope.
    8. Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?Nope. I'm on and off depending on budget etc, anyway.
    9. Has marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?Nope.
    10. When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?No, more like hopeful I can get more soon, or sad if I know it'll be awhile.
    11. Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?No, quite the opposite. ;)
    12. Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?”Nope.