How many led watts for 3 pounds in a closet

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jackmann7, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I'm growing in a 3w 6l 8h room and I'm trying to yield three pounds using hyrdo ponics im thinking 6 bubble buckets

2. 2 - 1000 w HPS would do the trick. So for LED you would need to be fairly close to that since they aren't much better.

2 of the 740w Extreme LED by Advanced LED Lights would probably work. And for only $4,000. They even say right on their page that their 740 watt equals a 1000 watt HPS. Only accurate marketing I've seen so far from a LED manufacturer. That one uses all 3 watt LEDs and over 11 wavelengths. Doubt any other LED would be much better, if any better at all.

3. This, unless you have limitless amounts of cash. then go for a $30k LED fixture. :smoke:

4. #4 StonyAce, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    I dont see that much weight comin from 6 plants. You will probabley pull 3/4 lb - 1lb per 1,000w light.

Check out my buddy's grow. He pulled about 3 lbs from this grow.. 3200 watts in a bedroom and his fan cooling is a 6in Vortex Blower pulling 450CFM. He also uses his centeral air to cool the room since his blower alone wont do it.. Here is the experience talking....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnot_rAeKE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Your talking about cramin 2x1000w lights in a 3 foot x 6 foot room...... That vid is 3200 watts in a bedroom in his house. Probabley 12-14 feet x 12-14 feet.

5. #5 mckillagorilla, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
    not tryin to be a dick but you need to do some reading kid. you also have to remember you need room to move. 3 budding plants in bubble buckets will fill that space 4 is pushin it. Forget the leds your cant flower shit with them. if you want any kind of weight you need HID. and good luck cooling a closet with any HID even if you place the ballast outside. you might want to look into some t5s. they are not gonna make the branches bend but you can acheive decent results. and sorry to tell you, three elbows isnt going to happen. concentrate on reaching harvest your first time. youre gonna have a lot of work to do with 3-4 plants. its a trial and error process. im sure very few people who grow hydro, didnt grow straight to harvest without any problems be it nutrient overdose, deficency, or equipment failure due to a mistake made. the more reading you do the better off you are. i would suggest any of jorges cervantes books. and troll the shit out of GC.

6. Not trying to be rude or to pop any bubble or dreams but i am a realist, and so i tend to look at things realistically. And what you are wanting just is not realistic. You can get some weight from the space you have, but 3 bows in 18 sq ft is not an easy task to accomplish ( is it impossible? i wouldn't dare say that) But it would take MANY MANY runs to dial a room in, not to mention alot of money and time.Also In order to maintain growth you would also, need a mother room, cloning room, and veg room. I would do some serious research on how you plan to vent and cool that closet, cause tossing a single 1k HPS in a closet that small is going to be like turning your closet into a sauna. Im not even going to BS you, a 150 watt HPS will turn a 3x6 closet into a 100 degree tanning bed. So heat is going to be enemy #1 in your grow. Prepare for it.

Besides that id suggest doing alooot of reading my friend, the city is full of information and people who are very experienced and willing to help! Im sure you can find everything you need to get going, GL.