how many hrs direct sunlight neccesary?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WA-grower, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I planted some ~1ft clones in my outdoor grow area. In my location the plants get direct sunlight from about 10am to 3pm each day. Its light outside from 6am to 10pm or so, but they are only getting the direct light during those hours due to shading.

Is that enough direct light for them to grow well? I dont feel like they are growing very fast, but im not sure how much growth to expect in 1 week.

Thanks!

2. The bare minimum is at least 6 hours if I'm not mistaken.

TiCkEr

3. pretty sure. hopefully you still have them in pots and can move them into a little more light. if not go get yourself some Magnesium. Magnesium helps plants produce chlorophyll in lower light situations (both in intensity and duration). Using Magnesium in low intensity light as well as short duration light situations, helps to enhance a plant's chlorophyll and in turn, can boost the plant's energy level.

4. Thanks for the replies, they are in the ground now. The area I have them planted in is not super big so I dont think I could bring them any closer.

my grow area:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. they look good. like i said just get some magnesium and you should be fine.

6. i could be wrong but i have read that as little as 2-3 hours will work. i just transplanted some plants into this type of environment and while its still early, they appear to be growing at a decent rate. probably not the best for growth rate and yield but they are growing.

7. You can get by with less but it will affect yield and the overall progress of your plants, but the more hours the better obviously.