how many flos should i use...or 1 hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aparker813, Jan 19, 2006.

1. i have a friend willing to give me his 250w hps for a very nice price but as my main object is stealth i would like to be able to keep my grow box under 21.5'' tall total so it will fit under my bed. i'm in a college apartment and have no reason yet to suspect anyone of being in my room (like apartment management) but i would much rather play it safe than sorry. so anyways depth and width i can do about whatever with but would prefer something smaller so i can use 2' stick style flos..i know how nice the hps is but it throws off so much heat causing more problems...can i just use 4 2' 20w on top of the box and 4 going down 2 of the sidewalls? would that be sufficient for maybe 2 or 3 plants? and also am is 21.5 sufficient enough for the plants to gain hieghth? thanks if u read all that i know its alot...

long story short i really would like to be able to use alot of 2' 20w flos for temp control

2. w/o reading the rest I pick HPS...its the best way to go I'd say, a small fan would solve your heat prob. my 250 hps is my savior!