How many could I flower?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fatphstyle, Aug 6, 2008.

1. OK, well, heres how my set up is going to be. I have 3 400w ballasts. I am going to set two of them up next to eachother, to veg. my mothers and vegging clones. It's going to be aeroponics. I'm going to have at least 5, probably closer to 10 mothers. Around 40 (at least) vegging at a time. Want to do more, closer to 70 (a month).

But how many plants could I flower under one 400 watt light? Will I have too many plants for my own good? Should I get another light for my flowering set up or could I flower over 40 plants a time under 1 400w light (in an aeroponic set up)?

2. I'm no expert on Aeroponic but in my soil flat garden I use 3 - 1000w lights over 40 plants in a 10'x6' area. Using this set up I average 4.5 lbs every 85 days.

I'm fairly sure that 400w is not going to be sufficient to bud 40 plants, but they will work well for your mother/ clone set-up.

3. Should I use two of the 400w's for flowering, and one for mothers and clones? One just doesn't seem like enough. I have a 150w ballast too I could add.

3 400W high pressure sodium ballasts
    1 150W ballast. Dont know the specifics (it was given to me).

Would one of the 400w and the 150w be enough for 5-10 mothers and 50+ clones? If I had two of the 400w's for flowering I'm pretty sure I'd be cool there...

Thanks for the help.

4. lol usuing 3000 watts and getting 4.5 lbs? dream on

5. #5 Duckhead, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008

I must be living the dream cause 4.5 off of 3000w is a reality in my world !!

For what its worth my flat gardens yield is well below that of my Vert Octo system. With this 79 plant garden I have never done less than 6 lbs off of 3000w.

Attached Files:

6. Soooo anyone know how many watts I need to flower? I'm going to get flouresent tubes for my rooting clones. That should save some space and give me 800w for flowering only. Sound good?

7. This seems like a good idea, flo's for clones a 400w mh for mothers and 2x 400w hps's for flowering 16 plants per light total of 32 plants 4 rows of 4 under each light.

JUST MY OPINION HOPE THIS HELPS

8. If your looking to flower 70 plants, I'm assuming using the SOG method, you'd need AT LEAST 3500 watts.

If this is your first grow, going aeroponics with 70 plants will be quite the undertaking, good luck.

9. sick f___king set up man!

10. for your 1st grow, i recon 70 plants is over kill.
    Anywayz if you doing a SOG, then you could use a 400HPS for every 20 plants possbily.
    BUT, it all depends how you wana grow them aswell, u just gona grow the main cola's? or let them growe full out. Its all about spacing.
    I dont usually measure how many plants per light. I prefer how much "space" per light.
    in the same given space, and under the same given light. if you put for example, 3 or 5 plants. Chances are you would end up with the same yield at the end whether u set up 3 or even 5 plants