how many clf lights

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by zephyrus, Feb 24, 2013.

1. #1 zephyrus, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
    i am trying to get a set up that will work in a 2'x2'x6' grow space i am thinking of going with cfls . will 6 of them work in that space . and i was also thinking adding 2 to 4 led spot lights to . so will the cfls work and are the led just a waste of money

i plan to buy both grow and bloom 6 each
    25 watt - 1,800 Lumens
    BLOOM 2700K and GROW 6500K SPECTRUMS!
    Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
    Each Bulb Equals the lumen output of a 100 watt Incandescent Bulb!
    Fits Standard Household Light Bulb Sockets!
    10,000 hour rated lifespan (10x that of a normal light bulb)

the led's

BLUE SPECTRUM: 460-470 Nanomete

BLUE LIGHT is important for the formation of chlorophyll, chloroplast development (chloroplasts are the little organs inside cells where photosynthesis takes place, more of them = more photosynthesis = more plant growth), also, photosynthesis circadian rhythm (knowing when lights are on and off – related to flowering too) and the production of some enzymes in plants is controlled by blue light. In land plants, a decrease in blue light also might signal to a leaf that it is a shade leaf… meaning it thinks it is not in good light, so it won’t make chloroplasts, which means no matter how many photons of light hit that leaf it will not produce the maximum amount of energy that it could.

RED SPECTRUM: 645-655 Nanometers

RED LIGHT stimulates phytochrome responses such as stem elongation, flowering, and other plant morphology changes. {HPS lights have more yellow/red which is why they lead to elongated stems, and great flowering} Red light can increase starch accumulation in some plants (that is like animals gaining fat, extra energy).

You get the BEST of BOTH WORLDS, both BLUE and RED Light with this L.E.D. bulb!

This 168 LED BULB simply screws into a standard household bulb socket (Medium Base/Edison Base). You simply supply your own standard socket and custom arrange it over top of your garden. Operates on common household voltage.

Why use our LED GROW LIGHTS to grow plants?
    The basic idea is that a growing plant uses only a narrow band of the lighting spectrum for chlorophyll production. Up to now the only choice has been Sodium or Halide lights which both produce a very wide band of lighting and less than 10% of a Sodium or Halide lamps output is actually used by the plant.

With the advent of LED lighting, we can custom tailor the output of the lamp to match exactly the band of light required for Chlorophyll production!

What does all this mean?
    This means that almost 100% of the power input for our LED GROW LIGHT is used for plant production.

What are the other benefits?
    Another great benefit of the LED GROW LIGHT is the very small amount of heat produced. The LED GROW LIGHT operates completely cool to the touch and plants can actually grow right up to the fixture, try that with any Sodium or Halide lamp.

What is the benefit of lower heat levels?
    No HEAT SIGNATURE detectable by infrared cameras.

No fans required for cooling

No high temperature lights to worry about

Also, the LED GROW LIGHT does not require a ballast and simply plugs into any standard household light bulb socket. *(socket not included)

The LED GROW LIGHT is manufactured using long life LED lights. These lights have a rated life of over 100,000 hours (there are 8,760 hours in a year).

The power use of one 168 piece LED GROW LIGHT bulb is approximately 16 watts each.

2. CFL=low light output for power used.. 1930s tech..
    HID HPS or MH = what all large growers use..but comes in small enough sizes for personal use.
    LED= to new yet.. unless you have several grows behind you the cost is just to high..
    using the 50 to 75 watt per sq ft rule your 2x2 footprint is going to need a 250 watt HID.. but i've seen 400s in that small a space..keep reading the forums before you start..you can check out my own grow box for ideas..http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1175723-70-watt-mh-hid-starter-box.html#post17167539

3. i have a small budget of $300.00 and heat is a issue here in A.Z that 300 needs to get everything from soil to power strips and i do have some things here at my house and have seeds from a friend that grows in the aera.

4. For a few more sheckels u can buy the 65w cfl that puts out 4200 lumens in around 6000k soft white for veg, and the daylight ones at 3900 lumens around 2700k for bloom. in the the states there less then $20 a bulb far better then the small guys in my observations! Best wishes