Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long's it take to get DT results back?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Outbacker, Apr 19, 2008.

1. How long did it take for you to find out if you passed a Drug Test? I got drug tested at school and this shit's got be going crazy. It was done by SAMSHA and there weren't that many people that were tested on that date.

Also, what's the likeliness of me failing?
    "Recent scientific literature indicates that it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoids in urine for longer than seven days using standard cutoff concentrations. Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/mL cannabinoid cutoff. While longer detection times have been documented in research studies, these prolonged elimination findings represent uncommon occurrences and should not be used as exculpatory evidence in the majority of case adjudications." (pp. 23-4)
    http://www.ndci.org/NDCIR VI.pdf

At the time I was tested, it had been 21 days since I stopped smoking habitually (smoked every day for a week, but before that there was a drought), but it had been 17 actual days since the last time I smoked. The drug test I took used a 50 ng/mL cutoff, 2.5x the cutoff of the study. I've been taking niacin and I have a pretty fast metabolism. I got tested tuesday, so after friday they haven't told me I failed so I think I should be fine.

2. It takes between 3-5 weeks to get a drug test back...so your best bet is to not smoke at all then if you do test positive claim a false pos. and get another drug test that will be neg.

i did that when i played football in highschool and it worked for me.

3. Depends On who is doing the testing...I Never heard of SHAMISA.....

** Parole Officers get results back 15 min( On site results)
    ** Employers Get results back 3 days sent out 2 labs

Everyone has different methods 4 inquiry about results....but whatever the case should take no longer than 10 days......GOOD LUCK